Hi there 30 Days Readers!!
Can I just say how thrilled I am to be here?? I’m Jen from Tatertots and Jello – a DIY craft and decorating blog.
I just adore Mique and I think she is the best!!
I have been on a bit of a stenciling kick this summer.
I stenciled a few rugs, and then I tackled my kitchen window with some Faux Roman Shades. And also made some painted pillows.
I thought it might be fun to make some pillows for my Kitchen Banquette with Royal Design Studio stencils and some white napkins I found at Target.
Stenciled Napkin Pillows
- The first thing I did was I mixed up some paint and Martha Stewart’s paint medium. This makes the paint softer and washable.
- Then I laid the napkin on my work surface and taped the stencil over the top with some painter’s tape.
- I used this really cool roller top that fits on top a container and it makes stenciling a breeze. It’s also from Martha Stewart’s new decorative paint line.
- Once it was painted, I laid the napkins out to dry.
- Then I sewed another napkin to the stenciled side and added a zipper.
So now I have some fun pillows that go with my new kitchen décor AND they were super easy to make!!
Plus, if you don’t have stencils, you can make designs with painter’s tape! I think geometric designs would be awesome. I ‘m going to try doing that next!!!
Thanks for letting me stop by :)
Ending Funner in the Summer with Jen is perfect. She is everything she portrays herself online to be and more. Yes, she really is *that sweet.* Always helping someone. And soooo creative and talented. I just wonder how balances everything so well and with a smile on her face!! Thanks Jen – you are the best!!