Confessions of a Fontaholic

Because I adore making printables and make them often, I get emails and comments asking about fonts that I used for projects a lot. I’m starting a new series-

Pin It

Sometimes I’ll just share new ones I find.  Other times I’ll give you fonts that I used for specific projects that I get asked about.  Like this one:

Printable Gift Bag Fonts
Pin It

This is from my Printable Gift Bag post.
These are some of the fonts that I use most often.

Leave your favorite fonts in the comments (as long as you don’t include Comic Sans or Papyrus)!

Comments

1. Maria Perez says

how did you get your own handwriting to print out like that? Or is it just personally written on?

• Mique says

Hi Maria- it’s just my signature. ;) But my plain handwriting is a font. I’ll be sharing that next time. Thanks!

I love looking at your blog! It is fantastic! I cant believe how cute your handwriting is and that it is a font! That is way to cool! Thanks for sharing!

• Mique says

Thanks Kelsey! You are too sweet. It’s just my signature. But I have a plain font signature that I’ll share next time. Have a great day! xo

oh, i love fonts too. love them! as a graphic designer, i get to work with them quite often. a few of my favs are mrs. eaves, filosofia and helvetica. yes, helvetica. it’s such a simple font, but used the right way? can have so much impact! what’s the font you used on your page tabs up top/title of your posts? i love it!

• Mique says

Thanks for the comment Becca! And for sharing your favorites. I agree- Helvetica is a classic. The font on my page tabs/titles is Ostrich Sans. Enjoy!

• Mique says

Thanks for the comment Melinda. I bet your handwriting is cute. ;) Even if it isn’t, turn it into a font. It’s fun!

• Mique says

Yep, I knew you love fonts. You are in the right business for that. ;) Lemon Chicken is a fun “whimsical” one.

• Mique says

Creampuff is lovely!! Bebas is my stand-by as well. And I LOVE Lost Type Co-op too. ;) Great minds think alike. Thanks for the comment Ms. Jenn! xo

4. Judy says

Hi Mique, I am such a font junkie and have been starting to look at font managers beyond the “FontBook” that comes with the mac. Do you use a font manager? Have you got any feedback about any in particular?

• Mique says

Hey Judy- I just got a Mac for Christmas so I haven’t found an alternative yet. I’ll ask around and let you know what I find. Thanks for the comment!

I’m so excited about this series – you have tons of cute fonts and I LOVE discovering more (especially when I can download them myself for free)! Personally, I love Dancing Script, Museo, Smiley Monster, and de Louisville (just to name a few)! : ) Can’t wait to see more of this series!

-Mel the Crafty Scientist

Well this makes my BA of Graphic Design carrying self very happy. I love typography!!

This is going to sound pretty boring with all the great choices out there, but if I had to pick one font to use day in and day out I’d have to go with Century Gothic or Papyrus … bwahahahahahahaha!!

Thanks for sharing some new ones to add to my collection ;).

• Mique says

Andrea- some day when I grow up I want to get a BA in Graphic Design! Unless it makes me want to use Papyrus. Then it’s a no go. :P
      xoxo

Hi, my name is Lori and I’m a Fontaholic. I’ve mentioned it a number of times on my blog, too. Being a graphics teacher definitely allows me to feed my addiction. lol. Love this series idea!

• Mique says

Yay for feeding font addictions! Maybe I need to be a graphics teacher so I have a good excuse for being obsessed with fonts. Thanks for the comment Lori!

• Mique says

Fonts are my drug as well Celeste. Such a healthy drug. ;) Thanks for sharing all of your favorites. You better believe I went and downloaded them all. I had found American Typewriter Light and am in love with it. (just googled it after you put it on IG).