J + M: Kauai 2012

I never anticipated 30days turning into a daily thing for me when I started it in 2007.  I just wanted a place to share my favorite posts and ideas. Somehow over the years it has grown into a five day a week thing.  It’s awesome.  And yet, sometimes it can feel a little overwhelming with everything else I have going on in my life.  Three active kids, involved in church, fun friends, QBM, family and more…  In talking with other blog friends- it seems I’m not alone.  (right?)
Last week Josh and I were able to get away- our moms took over our crazy kids so we could go on vacation to Kauai.  It’s been a super busy year and our vacation couldn’t have come at a better time.  We hadn’t gone away, just the two of us, (other than a night here or there) since 2006.
It was exactly what we both needed- to just relax and spend time together.  We ate great food, sat on the beach and by the pool, toured the island, played games, laughed, talked, talked and talked some more.  A wonderfully fabulous week together that I will cherish forever.

Do you sometimes feel overwhelmed with everything you have going on?
How do you unwind?

Comments

• Mique says

Kat- Kauai is my favorite too! We went a few years ago with our kids. This time it was fun to just be able to relax alone! Thanks for the comment.

• Mique says

Aww thanks Kelsey! Puka Dogs are awesome- have you ever had one? mmmmm….
      Can’t wait to see you in just a couple of weeks!

1. Darlene S says

Awesome little video and pics. DH and I havent made it to Kauai yet. We’ve done Oahu, Maui and the big Island. So that is next on the list. What program did u use to make the video?

2. Megan Hunter says

I loved that! I didn’t even get to ask you about your trip when I saw you yesterday! That trip looked AMAZING!!!! So glad you got to go and get away & just be together. see you soon.

What a beautiful, fun week you had! Good for you…we all need to un-wind once in a while and go back home refreshed!

4. Tauni says

Mique, I am entirely jealous, but so very happy for you. I am glad you had a good time.

xoxo
    Tauni

We were there at the same time! Your pictures were fun to look at because we have so many that are similar. We thought it was so amazing too and can’t wait to go back. I’m thinking we need a vacation home there. Someday…