We had friends over for a barbecue this weekend and it wouldn’t have been the same without my mom’s Pasta Salad. It’s easy. It’s light. And it always tastes great. It makes for great leftovers too! We normally don’t like leftovers around here, but I’ll eat this for a week straight.
It’s perfect for summer ….which is right around the corner!
- 1 box rotini noodles, cooked according to directions, drained
- 1/2 bag-1 bag frozen chopped broccoli (fresh can be used), cooked, cut into smaller pieces
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1 can sliced olives
- 1/2 bell pepper chopped (bigger chunks)
- a few carrots diced
- 1-2 c. shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 bottle of your favorite Italian dressing (I usually use Wishbone)
- After noodles have cooled down, throw all ingredients together.
- Chill- the longer the better- the Italian dressing soaks in over time.
- And you want the broccoli to be cooked but cold.
- I always add cheese after everything is cooled down because you don’t want it to melt into the pasta.