Main Dish Recipe: Beef Taco Bake

This is the recipe I got from my mom for taco bake. It’s super easy but my whole family loves it.  It tastes similar to beef enchiladas but is a lot less work.  Just a few minutes and you’re ready to stick it in the oven. Mmmmmm…..

Taco Bake

Beef Taco Bake
Recipe Type: Main Dish
Author: Mique from 30days

Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 30 mins
Total time: 45 mins
Serves: 4
Quick and delicious main dish!
Ingredients
  • 1 lb. ground beef
  • 1 can condensed tomato soup
  • 1 c. thick & chunky salsa
  • 1/2 c. milk
  • 6 flour or corn tortillas torn into 1″ pieces
  • 1 c. shredded cheese
  • Optional sour cream
Instructions
  1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a skillet over medium heat, cook beef until browned. Drain fat. Add soup, salsa, milk, tortillas and half the cheese. Mix and spoon into 2 qt. baking dish. Cover. Bake for 30 minutes or until hot. Uncover and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
Notes

Serve with a dollop sour cream. Yum!

Some of our family favorites are the ones that take the least amount of time.  I’ve been known to spend hours in the kitchen and have one of my kids not be a fan of a dish.  And then I make something like this – soooo quick and easy-  and everyone loves it.  Why not spend less time and have a crowd pleaser? Win/win!

Try these other main dishes and let me know what you think:
Dr. Pepper Chicken

Baked Spaghetti
Turkey Tetrazzini

Comments

• Samantha Hendrix says

As a fun addition, I’m putting out a “salad bar” of sorts. Topping with shredded lettuce, fresh tomatoes, olives & jalapenos

Oh my gosh! YUM! We love tacos in my house but they can become a little old hat. I’m going to try this (hopefully picky eater wont complain too much) It looks delicious!

• Mique says

Let me know what your family thinks Victoria! My youngest isn’t a fan of spicy and can be really picky too. He likes this recipe though. I’m curious how your picky eater will respond to it. ;)

2. Jessi says

I just made this but used ground turkey instead of beef and added more salsa per my son’s request and he absolutely loved it! fyi he is one picky kid :P Thanks!

• Mique says

Yay Jessi! So glad to hear that. And I’ll have to give it a try with ground turkey- easy to switch out something healthier. Thanks for letting me know.

3. Deanna says

Hi Mique!
    I’m putting this on my to-do list – looks so yummy! I think I might add black beans to it :)
    xo

4. Bobbie Jo says

I thought this was super good, but we changed it a bit…I didn’t have any tortillas on hand, so instead we spooned the cooked mixture on top of doritos. Delish! :)

5. Stephanie says

Looks fabulous! I make something similar only it’s more like lasagna… With 3 layers of white corn tortillas, beef and enchilada sauce, and cheese between the layers of tortillas :)) add corn or black beans sometimes too!

6. Elle says

This looks interesting. I would like to try it with shredded chicken and green enchilada sauce. And in layers. Thanks for the idea!

7. Kasey says

I am making this dish, it looked so good. I now have it in my oven. Tacos are a popular dish in my home. It’s nice to have a recipe that is different. Thanks!

8. emily says

yum i love this recipe! it’s actually a Campbell’s recipe that we’ve been making for YEARS!!! it is one of my favorite meals!!! we always add a can of black beans to it too!!! love it :)

Unquestionably imagine that which you stated. Your favourite reason seemed to be
    at the internet the easiest factor tto be mindful of.
    I say to you, I definitely get irked at the same time as
    other people consider worries that they just don’t realize about.

You controlledd too hit the nail upon the top and
    also defined out the entire hing without having side-effects ,
    other folks could take a signal. Will likely be again tto get more.

10. Ruthie says

Made this last night without the beef…brilliant veggie recipe! Son, 13, decided to go veggie and this is our first week…left hi. With it last night when we went out…half gone by the time we got home…would have served four…then had another helping for brunch!!!! Substituted kidney beans for the beef! Fabulous! Just hope I can get a taste for lunch, but suspect I might miss out! Thanks so much for the inspiration!

Do you mind if I quote a couple of your posts as long as I
    provide credit and sources back to your weblog?
    My blog site is in the exact same niche as yours and my visitors would really benefit from some of the information you present here.

Please let me know if this alright with you. Thanks!

my webpage; chandler dentist; Dexter,

12. Jenny T says

Hi! I am excited to try this for dinner tonight!! Thanks!

Did you do 1″ strips or cubes?!

Thank you, too, for all your amazing creations in your blog! I enjoy reading and creating! I am loving all my binder organizers!! :-)
    Amazing talent!

I love your blog.. very nice colors & theme. Did you
    design this website yourself or did you hire someone
    to do it for you? Plz answer back as I’m looking to design my own blog and would like to know where u got this from.
    many thanks