Mom’s Chicken Enchiladas

Yep, another recipe from my mom’s kitchen. What can I say? I love her cooking. This one came from a friend of hers years and years ago (like maybe even 30+ yrs ago). Chicken Enchiladas.
My daughter asks for it for her birthday dinner every year (my kids get to choose whatever they want for meals on their birthday.  My six year old chose sushi this year…..) and I prefer it over “traditional” enchiladas any day.

Chicken enchiladas

5.0 from 1 reviews
Mom's Chicken Enchiladas

Prep time
Cook time
Total time

White sauce chicken enchiladas- simple but delicious!
Author:
Recipe type: Main
Serves: 6
Ingredients
  • 3 chicken breast, cooked, shredded
  • ¾ c. sour cream
  • 1 can cream of chicken soup
  • 1 c. milk
  • ¾ c. salsa
  • 12 corn tortillas
  • 2 c. shredded cheese
Instructions
  1. Mix soup, milk & salsa.
  2. Heat in microwave on medium heat, 3 minutes.
  3. Add sour cream, heat 1 minute.
  4. Take 1 tortilla & place in greased 9x13 pan.
  5. Put 1 ½ Tbsp. chicken, 1 ½ Tbsp. cheese, 2 Tbsp. soup mix in the middle and roll up placing edge on bottom of pan.
  6. Reserve about 1 c. soup mix and 1 c. cheese to cover entire casserole. Bake at 350F for 30-40 mins or until bubbly (may be covered for more moist enchiladas).

Try these other main dishes and let me know what you think:
Beef Taco Bake
Dr. Pepper Chicken

Baked Spaghetti
Turkey Tetrazzini

Comments

1. Danielle says

I added some mushroom and zucchini to the mixture to give some extra veggies to the family without to many complaints. It was so super yummy thanks for the recipe!

2. Kristi P says

Christina my husband doesn’t like tomatoes when they are chunky so I just blend the rotel or the salsa up first it gives it great flavor and hubby loves it! Thanks for an awesome recipe :)

3. Christina says

Can I take out the salsa or use something else instead of it?? My husband doesn’t like tomatoes so salsa is out.

4. Marci Kelly says

Can you please give us your recipe’s for your side dishes shown with your enchiladas! Thank you..

5. Angelia says

lol made this last night I use the mushroom soup in it though and for added kick you can put in jalapenos

6. Michelle says

This recipe was so delicious. Literally the only thing I did was add jalapenos to the cheese sauce. This was about a million times better than the authentic with the red or green sauce. Creamy, cheesy, gooey. I’m gonna have leftovers for lunch!

Slice some cold crunch iceberg lettuce, tomatoes, and do some white rice with salt and lime for the side.

Best enchiladas ever!

7. Suzanne Manser says

Looks scrummy. As I’m in the UK, I’d like to ask what size (ml, oz, fl oz, g whatever) the can of soup is please? I can cope with cups, I have American and Canadian! I live with a Canadian. Thank you. Looking forward to trying this one.

• Patty says

Suzanne, it is most likely a 10 3/4 oz can – that is standard size for Campbell’s cream soups.

8. Kim Fahrni says

I made these last night and they were a HUGE hit!! I did season the chicken with taco seasoning while it cooked, but otherwise followed your recipe to the letter ;-) Thank you for sharing. My family REALLY appreciated it.