It cooled down for about one minute in my area. Enough time to get me excited for fall. I put a long sleeve shirt with jeans and boots on. I baked delicious Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread. And then realized it had risen to 100 degrees outside and I put my flip flops back on. As much as I love summer, bring on fall!
My kids got all excited that we were making this pumpkin bread. Jules even exclaimed “It’s that time of year already? YES!!” Apparently I’ve passed down the love of all things pumpkin from my mom. Grammy should be proud.
My kids love quick breads. Add chocolate chips to any bread and they are in heaven. Same with Josh. He wasn’t a banana bread fan until I added chocolate chips and now he’s sold. They are easy to please. But this recipe is really good.
- 3 c. sugar
- 1 c. vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 3⅓ c. flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ⅔ c. water
- 1 (15 oz) canned pumpkin
- 2 c. chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease 3 loaf pans and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl beat sugar and oil on medium speed.
- Add eggs and beat well.
- In a separate bowl mix dry ingredients- flour, soda, salt and cinnamon.
- Add dry mix and water alternately to the sugar mix beating on low speed.
- Beat in canned pumpkin.
- Add chocolate chips last.
- Bake at 350 for 55 mins.
- Cool in pans for 10 mins.
- Remove from pans and completely cool.
Check out some of our other favorite breads:
Chocolate Chip Sour Cream Banana Bread
Banana Bread- with or without nuts
Zucchini Bread with Brown Sugar Topping
Cheese Bread with Olives
Quick French Bread
And Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Cookies mmmm…..
I linked this yummy recipe up to Tidy Mom’s I’m Lovin’ It.