Hello 30 Days Readers!
It’s Natalia from Ma Nouvelle Mode and I am back with another beauty post for you today. Now seeing that the holidays are just around the corner (like next week around the corner!) I wanted to share a makeup tip that would be perfect for that family holiday dinner or company party: bold lips!
Wait, don’t leave yet!! Bold lips can be for everyone! I know they may look intimidating, or you think they only look good on that girl, but the truth is that everyone can rock it! I am going to share my favorite colors & how to get the look.
These are a few of my favorites. I am always looking to expand my color choices, but these cover a lot of ground! For fall and with the holidays coming up, my favorites of this bunch are Viva Glam, Plum Paradise, and Paramount.
Now on to the how-to. It’s rather easy, just a 6 step process!
- Start by exfoliating your lips. The color needs to go on smooth.
- Add a little bit of chap stick to moisturize your lips. This step is especially important if you are applying a matte color.
- Apply a nude lip liner to your outer lip line. You use a nude liner so that when you apply you lipstick, the color won’t bleed.
- Apply the color of your choice. The pictures above I am using the Very Cherry by Maybelline.
- Perfect your application with a lip brush. Apply just outside of you lip line without painting on a new lip shape or anything.
- Repeat steps 4 & 5 and apply some gloss over top if you’d like and you’re done!
Here is a cute little video I made of the process:
Just in time for the holidays, be brave and try a bold lip color today! Which color are you going to try? And if you already wear bold lips then what color is your favorite?