Valentine’s Day is just two days away! (then what am I going to post about!? Just kidding...already have some fun posts that don’t involve red or hearts) I thought I’d sneak in one last recipe that would be the perfect treat for someone you love.
Remember how a couple of months ago I used International Delights Sweet Cream to make apple dip? Well this time I added the Heath creamer to make a twist on a delicious recipe.
Have you had Chocolate Scotcheroos before? They are a chocolatel-y version of Rice Crispy Treats. For my twist on this recipe I went to the refrigerator section and grabbed the Heath creamer and a bag of Heath bits for a topping.
Warning: these are very rich. One square will fill you up. While this recipe makes a whole 9×13 pan, you could easily make a few plates to deliver to friends. Here’s how I made them:
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 6 cups rice crispy cereal
- 1 cup semi-sweet or milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- ¾ c. Heath International Delights Creamer
- ½ c. crushed Heath bars or bagged Heath topping
- Place corn syrup and sugar in a sauce pan.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until sugar dissolves and mixture begins to boil. (careful not to burn)
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in peanut butter and mix well.
- Add rice crispy cereal and stir until well mixed.
- Press mixture into 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan coated with cooking spray. (I use a spatula that I spray with cooking spray to pat it down easily)
- Set aside.
- Melt chocolate, butterscotch chips and creamer together in 1-quart saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly.
- Spread evenly over cereal mixture.
- Sprinkle with Heath bar topping before it sets.
- Let stand until firm.
- Cut into bars when cool.
After I spread the chocolate and added the bits, this is what it looked like:
I helped speed up the time for the chocolate to solidify more by sticking the pan in the fridge.
What’s your favorite kind of Valentine’s day treat?
This Valentine’s Day, share the love with recipes and homemade gift ideas! Don’t miss the International Delight Valentine’s Day Twitter Giveaway. Enter by following International Delight on Twitter and by tweeting your favorite ID flavor with the hashtag #IDLove. Winners will be contacted on February 15th and will receive ID Valentine’s Day Sampler Packages!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of International Delight. The opinions and text are all mine.