Hi! I’m Rachel, and my blog is Family Ever After.
I am a country girl at heart… my 4 sisters and I grew up in South Dakota. I’ve know my husband since we were 12, he grew up there too! I went to college at BYU, where I learned how to sew, and majored in Family and Consumer Science Education. Right out of college, I taught middle school sewing for one year. I’m now living my dream being a mom to three kids. I’m very passionate about letting them “help” me do projects. Basically, my blog is a big mish mash of things I love: sewing, crafting, food, family, travel, gardening, running, and taking pictures of it all!
Feel free to stop by and “join the family!”
- Simple Syrup: 2¼ cups white sugar + 3 cups water
- 3 cups lemon juice (6 lemons= appx. 1 cup lemon juice)
- 10+ cups cold water (to dilute)
- Make a simple syrup by heating the sugar and water in a small saucepan on med/low heat until the sugar is dissolved completely.
- While the sugar is dissolving, roll, wash, and juice the lemons.
- Add the simple syrup and lemon juice to a pitcher. Add the cold water, to your desired strength and taste. If the lemonade is a little sweet for your taste, add
- a little more straight lemon juice to it, and vice versa.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Serve with ice, sliced lemons, and a small splash of sugar (I like the texture it brings).
*yields appx. 2 pitchers full