Random Acts of Kindness Holiday List + Secret Society of Bubblers

Last week my Dad lost his battle with cancer.  Today we will celebrate his amazing life at a memorial in his honor.  He was my everything – biggest cheerleader, had a smile that lit up a room, gave the best hugs on the planet and didn’t waste a second in telling me how much he loved and adored me.  I am blessed to be his daughter.  My Dad exudes love and kindness.  With him in mind, I share this post.  Thank you for your sweet thoughts and prayers……

Teaching my kids about kindness has always been a goal of mine.  It’s part of a mom’s job, right?   This year it’s come to the forefront after I started doing random acts of kindness every 14th of the month in honor of my sweet JJ.

I was thrilled to find out about a new Christmas adventure for kids instills belief in the magic of kindness called Secret Society of Bubblers.  And now we get to start a new tradition.
Get your kids involved in kindness this holiday season www.thirtyhandmadedays.comThe idea behind this secret society is that it teaches kids that being good isn’t about “not being naughty” but instead it’s about being kind.  It also aims to combat bullying.
Here’s how it works-
You receive a pretty package in the mail.  Included in the package is a magnifying glass, letter, and tokens. You’ll read the letter to your kids (grandkids, students, nieces and nephews, etc) and inspire them to do kind deeds for others, just because.   They will get to name their own elf and set off on a journey of kindness throughout the holidays.  The letter included explains everything.
Random Acts of Kindness Holiday Printable from www.thirtyhandmadedays.com
To help get you started with your kids on this fun adventure, I created a Random Acts of Kindness Holiday Checklist.  I put one together in the summer and we loved doing small things to spread a little love.   You can use the list I came up with or you can create your own Some elements used for this printable are from Kelly Jane Creative.

Printable Random Acts of Kindness for the Holidays List from www.thirtyhandmadedays.com

I added that last one as a tribute to my sweet Daddy.  He smiled his huge smile at everyone he came in contact with.

I will have plenty more printables and gift ideas over the next few weeks so that you can shower the people you love with kindness.

For more information about the Secret Society of Bubblers, visit their blog, Facebook, Twitter or Pinterest. They currently offering 30% off of each adventure set using the code “kindmoms.”  Who doesn’t love a code?

This post was sponsored by The Secret Society of Bubblers.  All opinions are 1 million % my own. I’m thrilled that I get to share companies that I believe in.

Comments

1. candace wolke says

LOVE LOVE LOVE this!!!! Though “Leave an extraordinary tip for a server” sould definitely be added!!! Im adding to my list! I’ve been a server for years and its how I pay for life. The extra generous tips at Christmas time really make a difference, both financially and a Bob Cratchett sort of way :)

2. Cathy says

Hi Mique,

It was so great to come across your blog on Pinterest . I can relate to your loss as my most awesome Dad passed away in Sept last year (2013). I have tried in the past to rally my preteens around acts of kindness but didn’t have the structure I needed. Centering it around the holidays is a great idea. Now that they’re teenagers I think they are getting it. Some things are much easier when they’re little that’s for sure . Anyway just wanted to say thanks and let you know I said a prayer for you today. Holidays are the hardest and they are fast approaching.

3. Cara Coe says

Oh, Mique. My heart hurts for you and your loss. Keep sharing his sunshine through showing off your sweet sunshine. I will be praying for you – and giving you a virtual hug. Treat yourself with tender loving care – this is a very difficult thing to go through. HUGS and love.

-Cara

4. Christine Herbert says

I really like this printable! We all could help make our world a better place if we would each do just one random act of kindness. Especially during the Christmas season when GOD’s act of kindness for us is to give us His Son, Jesus so our sins will be forgiven and we can live eternity with Him.

I am sorry to hear of the passing of your father. If it is okay, we’d like to donate a set of Chemo Care Kits in his honor at our local oncology office. Thank you for sharing part of who he is with us. Thank you for highlighting a company we hadn’t heard of and sharing with us some holiday resources to get kids out and giving to others. I will be sharing!

Mique, you have been on my mind so much since I heard the sad news about your dad. I am so very sorry. I *know* your pain and my heart breaks for you. ((hugs))

As always, your printables are fantastic and we appreciate them so much!

About random acts of kindness… I love to do them but I have got to start getting my kids involved so they will develop giving hearts too. I am printing the list so they can see the various ways we can bless people and will be on the lookout for the opportunities to do them

7. Nance says

Now we know where your sweet and caring heart comes from.
    Blessings to you and may your sadness soon be replaced with only the happiest of memories,
    **U**
    Nance

So very sorry about the loss of your Dad. I only hope the wonderful memories can give you some comfort during this difficult time. I will be sending thoughts and prayers to you and your family over the holiday.

The list is great! I wish more people would participate in random acts of kindness every day!! The world would be a better place! I say don’t just do it for the holidays-use it in your every day life! =)

9. Janet says

I am so very sorry for the dear loss of your Dad. Pray you find the comfort you need at this time. May God bless you and may you feel His love wrapped around you each moment through this journey.

10. Teri says

I am very sorry about your loss. You will be in my prayers. I really enjoyed this post. The world needs more random acts of kindness. Thank you for posting it.

Mique, so sorry to hear about your Dad. My prayers go out to you and your family that you might find comfort in knowing that to be absent from the Body is to be present with the Lord! May you receive many blessings this joyous Holiday Season!
    I think you are starting a wonderful tradition with your children and teaching them so much about giving at the same time.
    Wishing you a Happy Thanksgiving and a very Merry Christmas!

12. Cindy says

I’m sorry to hear about your father. I pray for your comfort and for the comfort of your family.
    Best wishes for you and yours throughout this holiday season.

13. Sally P says

I’m so sorry to hear about your Dad. How wonderful to be blessed with such wonderful memories.

I am so sorry to hear about your Dad. He sounds like such a sweetheart.
    I love all of your ideas for Random Acts of Kindness. You never know when a simple smile can completely change someones day!

15. Mari says

It is a wonderful list Mique! A beautiful way to honor someone that is so loved and special. My condolences to you and your family. Thanks for sharing the spirit of giving in a so simple way yet so gratifying.

16. libbywilko says

Oh sweetie, sending you big hugs. Love the list and I hope you can be surrounded by people who you love and who loved your Dad too.