Looking for a dessert that tastes great but is a twist on an old classic? I’ve got just the thing for you- Treasure Chocolate Chip Cookies. With a few added ingredients different from the norm, these are soooo good. Might even be a new favorite.
I found these in an old church cookbook (my favorite recipe resources) and made them for a lesson at church about not being worldly (get it? Treasure= worldly……). I love texture and crunch so these hit the spot. They are so easy to whip up too.
Chocolate Chip Cookies with a twist:
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/3 cups coconut
- 1 package semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small bowl, mix graham cracker crumbs, flour and baking powder.
- In a large bowl, beat sweetened condensed milk and butter until smooth.
- Add graham cracker crumb mixture; mix well. Stir in coconut, chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Drop by spoonful onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 9-10 minutes or until lightly browned.