Chocolate, sweetened condensed milk and nuts make this recipe for layered bars decadent!
For this recipe I used Nestle Carnation Sweetened Condensed Milk as a part of the Cans Get You Cooking campaign. Josh and his mom have been long time sweetened condensed milk fans. He ate it topped on a special dessert in Brazil for a couple years while there on a mission for our church. His mom grew up in Switzerland eating it off a spoon as a treat.
Although I’m a big proponent for eating fresh, I often use cans in my every day cooking. What about you? A well-stocked “Cantry” can help save time and make an awesome home-cooked meal. It’s homemade made easy.
- ½ c. butter
- 1½ c. graham cracker crumbs
- 1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (12 oz) package chocolate chips - I did ½ milk chocolate & ½ semi sweet chocolate
- 1 c. Snicker bites
- 1 c. chopped nuts - I used walnuts
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Melt butter and mix with graham cracker crumbs.
- Press mix into bottom of a 9x13 dish.
- Add layer of sweetened condensed milk.
- Then layer each remaining ingredient one at a time.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until slightly brown.
- Cool and cut into squares.
You could use whatever kind of chocolate chips you want.. and whatever kind of nuts. You could also switch out the Snickers bites for other types of candies. Next time I think I’ll chop them up just so they aren’t huge chunks. It still tasted great according to my taste testers- 2 thumbs up! Josh told me the other day that these were soooo bad for him because he couldn’t stop eating them. That a win in my book!
Make sure to have a glass of cold milk close by! These bars are delicious but very rich. Milk hits the spot with each bite.
To learn more about Cans Get You Cooking, visit their Facebook, Pinterest, and You Tube.