Let’s chat about side dish recipes today shall we? I think I’ve mentioned before how much I struggle with matching side dishes to main meals. I don’t have a huge problem figuring out what to fix for the main dish. But then I stand at my fridge and pantry thinking- what on earth goes with that? Am I the only one that has side-dish-itis ? I grabbed an old church cookbook (yes, my favorite) and made this delicious and oh so easy Corn Casserole.
- 1 (15¼-ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (14¾-ounce) can cream-style corn
- 1 package corn muffin mix
- 1 cup sour cream
- ½ stick butter, melted
- 1 to 1½ cups shredded cheddar jack cheese (plain cheddar would work too)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, stir together the 2 cans of corn, corn muffin mix, sour cream, and butter. Pour into a greased 9 by 13-inch dish.
- Bake for 45 minutes, or until golden brown. (check to make sure not to over bake, oven times vary)
- Remove from oven and top with cheese.
- Return to oven for 5 to 10 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- Let stand for at least 5 minutes and then serve immediately.
For this recipe I used Kraft Mexican Cheddar Jack. The original recipe calls for regular cheddar. Which you can totally do. But I like the little kick that jack gives. You could also add a can of green chiles to this for even more spice. Mmm…. I think I’ll do that next time. I love using Kraft products and use them often because they make putting my meals together so easy. And by now you know I’m all about a) great taste and b) easy to make.
The awesome thing is — right now you can get a Kraft coupon for use at Target. Not just for the yummy cheese but for a whole list of products. Including: -Kraft® Shredded Cheese, Kraft® Natural Cheese Slices, Maxwell House® Coffee, Gevalia® Coffee, Capri Sun® Juice Drink, MiO® Liquid Water Enhancer, Kraft® Mayo, Miracle Whip® Dressing, Kraft® Salad Dressing, Planters® Peanut Butter and Kraft Recipe Makers® Meal Starters.
You can save up to $20 from participating Kraft products only at Target. So head over there and grab the coupon. If you’re like me, you visit Target multiple times a week anyway…might as well get some additional savings while you’re there, right?
From shopping for gifts to planning family dinners, it’s hard to keep up with all your holiday to-do’s. This year, Kraft is helping out with great weeknight meals and entertaining ideas to make the season a little bit easier. Plus, Kraft is offering up to $20 in coupons, redeemable exclusively at Target, to make food shopping easier and to help you have a happy holiday season.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Kraft. The opinions and text are all mine.