While we love love love my Mom’s Chicken Enchiladas, long ago I found a beef recipe that my family loves. These Beef Enchiladas are simple to make but taste great. They can be made ahead and kept in the refrigerator until dinner time and put in the oven.
- 3 Tbsp. chili powder
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
- 3 Tbsp. flour
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 (15 0z) can tomato sauce
- 2 c. water
- 1 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 3/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 pkg. shredded cheddar or mexican cheese
- 8-12 corn tortillas
- Preheat oven to 325. Mix first 4 ingredients til smooth in pot. Add next 4. Bring to boil then reduce heat to simmer. Simmer while finishing other components.
- Brown beef. Pour red sauce into bottom of 9x13 pan to cover.
- Spoon beef into corn tortillas. Add cheese. Roll up. Place seams down. Then add remaining red sauce. Top with more cheese. Bake at 325 for 45 mins or until cheese is bubbly.
I serve this with sour cream on the side.
I prepared these enchiladas for dinner recently and paired my all.time.favorite rice with them. While normally the rice goes along with pot roast or a hearty all American meal, serving it with enchiladas was a nice change. Yum!
Looking for other main dishes?
And make sure to try the Stick of Butter Rice: