The Winter Olympics are just a couple days away- yay! I watched some of the pre- qualifying events for the US leading up to this week. While there are lots of ways to have fun with your family and teach your kids about the games, I gathered 15 ideas that will help make them memorable.
Get your markers ready and your eyes peeled for the Opening Ceremony:
Print off 5 different Opening Ceremony BINGO sheets.
Download Olympics Mad Libs. Your kids will have fun making up silly stories!
Make Russian Blinis for breakfast (or breakfast for dinner!) to experience some of the Russian food.
Here are some fun TREATS to make:
- Oreo Olympic Gold Medal Dessert from Mirabelle Creations
- Winter Olympics Cupcakes from Uncommon Design
- Snowball Marshmallow Pops with Flags from the Decorated Cookie
- Candy Jars from No Biggie
- Medal Cookies from Skip to My Lou via Alpha Mom
- Olympic Torch Cupcakes from Hoosier Homemade
I love these adorable CRAFTS to make:
- Glowing Tealight Torch from Oh My Creative
- Rings Decor from Hoosier Handmade
- Team USA shirt from Sugar Bee Crafts
- Quick DIY Sochi Shirt from Knitty Bitties
- Olympic Flag Garland from Small for Big
- How to make an Olympic Torch from Hoosier Homemade
What about you? Are you excited for the games? Have any fun plans to make them memorable?