Not only do I love to make easy meals but I love it even more when there is minimal mess. Can I get a high five on that one? One pan dishes are the absolute best because they taste great but don’t have a sink full of dishes to wash. Today’s recipe is just that-
It’s ooey, gooey and cheesy good. I make a similar one with ground beef but found this recipe on the back of a package and knew that we had to test it out. Some of my favorite recipes have come from the back of packages. What about you?
- 1 tbsp oil (I used canola)
- 3-4 boneless chicken breasts
- ¾ c. rice, uncooked
- 2 c. water
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 c. whole kernel corn
- 1 c. shredded cheddar cheese (I used Mexican mix)
- sour cream (optional)
- Heat oil in medium sauce pan.
- Add chicken and cook for approximately 3 minutes on each side until golden brown.
- Stir in the rest of ingredients (minus the cheese and optional sour cream).
- Bring to a boil and reduce heat. Let simmer for 20-25 minutes until fully cooked.
- Top with shredded cheese and let melt for a couple of minutes.
- Serve topped with sour cream (optional).