I guess I’ll never learn. Our family isn’t eating bananas quick enough. Sometimes they eat them like crazy and then other times they won’t eat a single banana. Right now we’re on the non eating round. So I had 4 squishy bananas waiting to be used in some kind of recipe. I love love love banana bread but wanted to make some banana muffins this time around.
These muffins are perfect to make ahead of time and take on the go. They can be put in zip bags and added to any meal. Yum!
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 bananas, mashed
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 Tbsp sweet cream ID coffee creamer
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1/8 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp butter
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Grease muffin tin with cooking spray or line with muffin liners.
- In a large bowl, mix together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- In another bowl, beat together bananas, sugar, egg, melted butter and creamer.
- Stir the banana mixture into the flour mixture just until moistened.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups. (I use a ice cream scoop)
- In a small bowl, mix together brown sugar, 2 tablespoons flour and cinnamon.
- Cut in 1 tablespoon butter with a pastry cutter or two knives.
- Sprinkle topping over muffins.
- Bake in preheated oven for 18 to 20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of a muffin comes out clean.
Coffee creamer can be omitted. It just gives it a sweeter flavor.
This recipe is slightly adapted from All Recipes.
To give a little twist on these muffins I added just a touch of International Delight Sweet Cream. A tablespoon is all it took but it gave this recipe a little extra sweetness. Not too sweet. Just right.
You can absolutely eat these as they come out of the oven. We added a little pat of butter and mmmmmmmmmm oh so good. They were moist but fluffy and not overly banana-y.
Check out these other banana recipes:
My favorite Banana Bread
And recipes with ID creamer:
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of International Delight. The opinions and text are all mine.