It’s the 10th of the month and time for another round of ideas. This month’s theme was snowflakes. At first I was a little stumped. And then I remembered one of my favorite holiday sayings “Some of my best friends are flakes!” You know I can resist a good pun. I created a printable snowflake holiday tag.
I found a cute little mason jar, added a treat (below) and this tag with yarn. I know my friends have good senses of humor so they wouldn’t mind that I call them flakes!
Curious what I put in the little mason jar? Snowflake apples. They are so easy to make! And a little twist on traditional holiday treats.
- 6 green apples
- 1 bag (10 oz) white chocolate chips
- 4 c. shredded coconut
- Melt the white chocolate chips in the microwave - stirring every 20 seconds.
- Cut green apples into wedges.
- Dip apple wedges into the melted white chocolate.
- Next dip apple right away into a bowl with shredded coconut, coating evenly.
- Add to lined parchment paper on a baking sheet.
- Put in the refrigerator until set.
Another option would be to attach this tag to some crushed peppermint:
Download these holiday tags. For personal use and subscribers only. Thanks!
Now hop on over to these fun ideas from some of my favorite friends:
1. Snowflake Wall Hanging | The Crafted Sparrow
2. Printable Snowflake Holiday Tag with “Snowflake” Apples | Thirty Handmade Days
3. Silk Screen Mug & Snowflake Poem – Perfect Neighbor Gift | Or so she says
4. Glittered Clothespin Snowflakes | Eighteen 25
5. DIY Let It Snow Sign and Snowflake Craft | Landeelu
6. Snowball Cookies | Your Homebased Mom
7. Let it Snow Sign | Lolly Jane
8. Snowball Cookies | Simply Kierste
9. Snowflake Almond Fudge | Capturing Joy
10. Snow Fresh Snow Clean Printable | Two Twenty One