I’m so excited that blueberries are in season! Blueberries are so versatile…bake them in muffins, throw them on salads or eat them plain! Today I’m sharing a blueberry sauce to be topped on a creamy, no bake cheesecake.
You guys, this cheesecake is extreme! Thick graham cracker crust, a big pile of cheesecake and topped with a sweet blueberry sauce. It’s a cheesecake-lovers dream!
Let’s start with the classic graham cracker crust. Place 12 graham cracker sheets into a food processor and blend until you have 2 cups of crumbs. You could also use homemade graham crackers for an extra special touch.
Add 1/4 cup sugar and 1 stick of melted butter and blend until mixed well.
Press into an 8×8 pan.
Now, it’s time for this filling. Using a mixer with a whisk attachment, blend 2 (8oz) packages of cream cheese and 1 cup of powdered sugar.
Once well mixed, add 2 cup (1 pint) of HEAVY whipping cream, 1 teaspoon vanilla and 1 teaspoon almond extracts. Mix on high for 3-5 minutes or until thickened.
Pour filling over the crust.
Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
It will be hard to wait, but to pass the time we’ll work on the blueberry sauce.
In a medium saucepan, add 2 c ups of fresh or frozen blueberries, 1/2 cup of sugar, 1 tablespoon of butter, 2 teaspoons of cornstarch and 1 teaspoon of vanilla.
Cook over medium high heat and simmer for about 5 minutes. The blueberries will breakdown and the sauce will become thick.
Let cool and refrigerate until you’re ready to serve the cheesecake. Pour on top of cheesecake.
Cut into squares and serve.
This cheesecake is the perfect creamy-fruity combination. Enjoy!
- 12 graham cracker sheets, blended to make 2 c. of crumbs
- ¼ c. sugar
- ½ c. (1 stick) butter, melted
- 2 (8oz) packages of cream cheese
- 1 c. powdered sugar
- 2 c. (1 pint) of HEAVY whipping cream
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. almond extract
- BLUEBERRY SAUCE
- (adapted from Martha Stewart)
- 2 c. fresh or frozen blueberries
- ½ c. sugar
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 2 tsp. cornstarch
- 1 tsp. vanilla.
- Using a food processor, blend graham cracker sheets until turned into crumbs.
- Add sugar and melted butter; blend until well mixed.
- Press into an 8x8 pan.
- Using a mixer with a whisk attachment, mix cream cheese and powdered sugar until smooth.
- Add heavy whipping cream, vanilla and almond extracts.
- Mix on medium-high for 2-3 minutes or until thickened.
- Pour filling over the crust.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Add all ingredients to a medium saucepan.
- Cook over medium high heat and simmer for about 5 minutes.
- The blueberries will breakdown and the sauce will become thick.
- Let cool and refrigerate until you're ready to serve the cheesecake.
- Pour on top of cheesecake.
- Serve and enjoy!