Today I’m adding another good one to the slow cooker list- Slow Cooker Baked Potato Soup.
There are several recipes for slow cooker baked potato soup but I combined a few and loved the result.
Creamy, hearty and delicious. Of course this recipe wouldn’t be nearly as good without the garnishes- bacon, sour cream, and cheese.
- 6-8 russet potatoes, washed but not peeled, cut into ½ inch cubes
- 4 c. chicken broth
- ½ yellow onion, chopped
- 2½ tsp minced, jarred garlic
- 1 c. half and half (or heavy cream)
- 1 c. shredded cheddar cheese (+ whatever you want for garnishing)
- ½ Tbsp seasoning salt (I used Lawry's)
- Garnishes: shredded cheese, bacon, broccoli, green onions, sour cream
- Put first four ingredients in a slow cooker. Cook on high for four hours or low for 8 hours.
- Mash mix until soup is slightly thickened. Stir in half and half and cheese. Top with garnishes and additional cheese.