We had some ripe bananas on the counter. Again. I wanted to try a new recipe so I whipped up these simple Banana Oatmeal Blender Muffins.
They are similar to the Peanut Butter Banana ones in that they are super easy to make and they are healthy! My youngest had 6 of them in one sitting. And why did I let him eat 6? Not sure. They taste great and can be saved or frozen for later.
You pretty much throw everything into a blender, hit start and then pour them into a muffin tin. Couldn’t be much simpler, right?
- 2½ c. old fashioned oats (not instant oatmeal)
- 1 cup plain low fat greek yogurt
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup honey
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 ripe bananas
- mini chocolate chips (as many as you want!)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- This recipe makes enough for 1 regular muffin tin of 12 and 1 mini muffin tin of 12. Spray with baking spray or line with liners.
- Add all the ingredients into the blender and give it a whirl.
- Pour into the muffin tins.
- Bake for approx. 15 minutes for the regular muffin tin or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Bake for approx. 10-12 minutes for the mini muffin tin.
Recipe slightly adapted from the Well Traveled Wife.
You make these plain or can add whatever extras in these that you want- chocolate chips, nuts, craisins! You can also substitute the plain greek yogurt with vanilla greek yogurt for a little bit of a sweeter flavor.
If muffins are your thing, try these out: