Have you ever considered using audiobooks for kids? Here are over 25 of the best audiobooks for kids!
We have spring break coming up in a few weeks and it got me thinking about road trips… and then being in the car.. and then having kids stuck in the car. See where I’m going with this one? While they can zone out on their electronics, I think having some down time is a good idea.
In addition to road trips, playing audiobooks in your home at night when things are slowing down, during homework (if your kids can concentrate while studying and listening) is an awesome way to have them use their imagination and learn more. I love Audible. Check out my 2017 Reading Challenge to see what kinds of books are on my Audible wishlists. And sign up for a free one month trial!
For younger kids:
(these were some of my kids favorites when they were little)
- SkippyJon Jones by Judy Schachner
- Llama Llama, Red Pajama by Andrea Dewndey
- Fancy Nancy by Jane O’Connor
- The Rain Came Down by David Shannon (he is my personal personal favorite children’s author – love him!) ‘
- The Road Dahl Collection
- Ramona Quimby by Beverly Cleary
- Magic Treehouse by Mary Pope Osbourne
- Anything by Dr. Seuss
- Pippi Longstocking by Astrid Lindgren
- The Penderwicks by Jean Birdsall
- They also have packs of books together like this one.
- Diary of a Wimpy Kid series by Jeff Kinney
- Dork Diaries by Rachel Rene Russell
- Middle School, the Worst Years of My Life by James Patterson
- Percy Jackson by Rick Riordan (my daughter loves Rick Riordan)
- A Series of Unfortunate Events by Lemony Snicket
- Little House in the Big Woods by Laura Ingalls Wilder
- Safe at Home by Mike Lupica (my youngest loves Mike Lupica)
- Left Out by Tim Green
Good for the whole family:
(good especially for road trips)
- Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling
- Wonder by R.J. Palacio
- Holes by Louis Sachar
- The Maze Runner by James Dashner
- A Dog’s Purpose by W. Bruce Cameron
- Hidden Figures by Margot Lee Shetterly
- The Adventures of Tom Sawyer by Mark Twain
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Audible. The opinions and text are all mine.