I got this recipe for Carrot Cake from my mom years ago to make for Easter. I have made it every year since (unless Mom was hosting ;). It’s the best best best ever. So moist and delicious!
It takes some work- but easy if you follow the directions. And it’s well worth the effort.
- 3 C grated carrots
- 2 C sugar
- 2 C flour
- 4 eggs
- 1½ C veg. oil
- 1 (8oz) pkg. cream cheese, softened
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 Tbsp applesauce
- 1 C chopped nuts (optional)
- small can crushed pineapple, drained (optional)
- Cream cheese Frosting
- ¼ C butter or margarine, softened
- 1 (8 oz) pkg cream cheese, softened
- 1 (1 lb) pkg powdered sugar
- 2 Tbsp milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Beat carrots, sugar, flour, eggs, veg oil, and softened cream cheese together.
- Add baking soda, salt, cinnamon, vanilla, applesauce and (optional) chopped nuts.
- For an even more moist cake, add one small can of drained crushed pineapple.
- Bake in a 9X13 greased and floured pan @ 350 for 55 minutes, or until clean toothpick.
- For the frosting:
- Cream butter and cream cheese together.
- Add powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla and beat until smooth.
- Spread on COOLED cake.
There are two optional ingredients- nuts (I use walnuts) and one small can of crushed pineapple. The crushed pineapple makes it even moister and gives it a little added taste.
Oh and this recipe has no raisins, but you can add them if you want!
If you make this cake- awesome! But if you want to share it, please link back here instead of posting the recipe and/or directions. Thanks so much- enjoy!