Italian Chicken Soup
Author: Leigh Anne @YourHomebasedMom
Recipe type: soup
- ½ box pasta, I used Ditalini or a short macaroni type pasta
- 2 C shredded turkey or chicken
- 4 C chicken broth
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- ½ onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 whole jalapeno, seeded and diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 2 15 oz. cans petite cut tomatoes
- 1 can water
- 1 C heavy cream
- 1 tsp dry oregano
- 1 tsp dry basil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook pasta according to directions. Be sure and cook it al dente. Drain and rinse with cold water.
- In a frying pan add olive oil, onion, celery, green pepper, jalapeno and saute until tender.
- In a large soup pot combine chicken broth, water, shredded turkey or chicken, tomatoes with their juice and sauteed vegetables.
- Add in herbs. Salt and pepper to taste
- Bring to a boil and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add in pasta and cream.
Recipe by Thirty Handmade Days at http://www.thirtyhandmadedays.com/2012/11/italian-turkey-soup/