Baked Potato Slow Cooker Soup
Author: Mique from 30days
Recipe type: Crock Pot
- 6-8 russet potatoes, washed but not peeled, cut into ½ inch cubes
- 4 c. chicken broth
- ½ yellow onion, chopped
- 2½ tsp minced, jarred garlic
- 1 c. half and half (or heavy cream)
- 1 c. shredded cheddar cheese (+ whatever you want for garnishing)
- ½ Tbsp seasoning salt (I used Lawry's)
- Garnishes: shredded cheese, bacon, broccoli, green onions, sour cream
- Put first four ingredients in a slow cooker. Cook on high for four hours or low for 8 hours.
- Mash mix until soup is slightly thickened. Stir in half and half and cheese. Top with garnishes and additional cheese.
Recipe by Thirty Handmade Days at http://www.thirtyhandmadedays.com/2012/11/baked_potato_soup/