Strawberry Heart Oreo Cookies
Author: Mique Provost- 30days blog
Recipe type: dessert
- 1 package of strawberry cake mix
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup of shortening
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 1/2 stick of butter, softened
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 4 c. powdered sugar
- Mix together.
- The dough will be pretty stiff-
- it’s supposed to be that way. ;)
- Roll into balls.
- Place two next to each other.
- Pinch the bottom to create a heart.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 8 minutes.
- Immediately transfer to a cooling rack.
- When cookies are cool, frost them and then
- sandwich them like an Oreo.
- This will only make about 12-15 cookies total
- depending on how big you make them.
- For the frosting:
- Mix cream cheese and 1/2 stick of softened butter. Add vanilla. Then slowly add in one cup of powered sugar at a time until creamy.
- Spread onto cool cookies.
- Sandwich together.
*NOTE: You can lessen the amount of powered sugar to your liking. You can start with 2 cups and add up to four. The amount you add changes the consistency and sweetness.
Recipe by Thirty Handmade Days at http://www.thirtyhandmadedays.com/2012/01/valentine_cookies/