I’m so excited to share this new recipe for slow cooker chicken fajitas. It’s a simple, healthy, and delicious recipe that your whole family is going to love!
What’s so great about this slow cooker chicken fajitas recipe?
- It’s easy to make. Simply combine the ingredients in the slow cooker and turn it on.
- It’s budget-friendly. I keep the spices on-hand, so I only need to pick up a few ingredients from the grocery store.
- It’s healthy and delicious!
In fact, my husband requested this recipe for his birthday last week. That’s a huge win in my book. I’ve made hundreds of slow cooker recipes over the years, but this is one of our new favorites and I know you’re going to love it too.
The chicken is softer than traditional fajitas and the spices are on-point. The peppers release a lot of liquid while cooking, so be sure to serve with a slotted spoon. Add some soft tortillas, cilantro, sour cream, guacamole, and dig in!
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3 bell peppers (I use two red and one green)
- 1 sweet yellow onion, sliced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- the juice from one lime (about 3 tablespoons)
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Add all ingredients to your slow cooker and cook on "low" setting for 4-8 hours (depending on the size/strength of your slow cooker).
- Shred chicken and mix with sauce in slow cooker.
- Serve with a slotted spoon (the peppers release a lot of liquid while cooking).