Hello! I’m Amy Williams and I couldn’t be more thrilled to be hopping over from My Name Is Snickerdoodle to share some fabulous recipes with you!
I am a mom of three growing boys and it seems like every day they get hungrier and hungrier. I once heard it’s really hard to completely fill a boy’s stomach all the way and I’m finding that to be true these days. That’s why I’ve been creating and trying out new recipes that are not only filling, but nutrious (somewhat!) and delicious!
With working from home and trying to get everyone where they need to be during the day, I find that dinnertime sometimes comes too soon and my little circus of three are ready to eat an hour before I’ve even thought about what to make. That is why I love this Chicken and Broccoli Pasta. It comes together in 30 minutes and made with typical fridge and pantry items. The best part about it (besides tasting divine) is it’s made all in one pot! Pasta and all!
Broccoli is actually my boy’s favorite veggie so I typically try to make a little extra for everyone to enjoy. If your family isn’t a big fan, they might be when they taste it with the super creamy garlic Parmesan sauce.
This is one of those recipes where you could add in different vegetables to make it more colorful like red bell pepper or squash. Just saute them with they chicken until they become tender.
My boys love eating this and it’s pretty perfect any time of the year. It’s definitely in our menu rotation. We all love that it tastes wonderful, but I especially love that it’s super easy to cook AND clean up!
- 2 chicken breasts, cubed
- ½ cup all purpose flour
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 1 TBSP olive oil
- 1 TBSP butter
- 3 cups fresh broccoli, cut into florets
- 2 cups mini rotini pasta
- 4 cups chicken broth, (2 14.5oz cans)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups half and half
- ¾ cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- In a large deep skillet, heat the oil and butter together over medium high heat.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, salt and pepper.
- Lightly dredge the chicken cubes in the flour mixture and place into the hot pan.
- Brown on all sides, cooking for a total of 4-5 minutes or until cooked through and no longer pink in the center.
- Transfer chicken to a plate and add in minced garlic. Cook for 30 seconds.
- Slowly pour in chicken broth and scrap up any browned bits from the bottom of the pan.
- Bring it to a boil and add in the pasta.
- Cover the pan with a lid and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add in the broccoli florets and cover. There should be about 1 cup of liquid in the pan. Add a little water if needed to make up the difference.
- Cook for 4-5 minutes or until broccoli is tender.
- Reduce heat to medium low and pour in half and half.
- Sprinkle in cheese and stir until completely melted.
- Season with more salt and pepper if needed.
- Let it simmer for 5 minutes to allow the sauce to thicken.
- Add in chicken and stir to coat.
- Serve with more grated parmesan cheese.