I wanted a stress free Easter morning. We had church at 9am. 5 people ready and out the door by 8:45am on Easter was feat. To make it run a little smoother, I made this Overnight Breakfast Casserole on Saturday night. Success!
Another simple one but it was a crowd pleaser too! I loved that I was able whip it up ahead of time. Then on Sunday I just had to stick it in the oven. A couple family members added some syrup to the casserole to make it a little sweet!
- 1 pound breakfast sausage
- 6 slices cubed bread
- 6 eggs
- 1 and ½ Silk Soy milk (regular cow's milk works good too!)
- 1 cup finely shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- Salt & pepper
- Fry sausage, chopping into small pieces; drain.
- Cube bread and add to a 9 x 13 inch pan.
- Mix in fried sausage.
- In a separate bowl, lightly beat eggs then mix in soy milk, cheese, dry mustard; season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Pour egg mixture over sausage and bread; lightly fold until all the bread is moist.
- Cover tightly and refrigerate overnight.
- In the morning, put pan into a cold oven and set temperature for 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
Nobody could tell the difference. I didn’t mention anything until after they were all done eating. I wasn’t trying to trick them necessarily. I just wanted to see their reaction to a recipe substituted with soy milk.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Silk. The opinions and text are all mine.