When you just aren’t sure what to serve on the side of your main dish, this Cheesy Corn Casserole comes to the rescue!
Let’s chat about side dish recipes today shall we? I think I’ve mentioned before how much I struggle with matching side dishes to main meals. I don’t have a huge problem figuring out what to fix for the main dish. But then I stand at my fridge and pantry thinking- what on earth goes with that? Am I the only one that has side-dish-itis ? I grabbed an old church cookbook (yes, my favorite) and made this delicious and oh so easy Corn Casserole.
- 1 (15¼-ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (14¾-ounce) can cream-style corn
- 1 package corn muffin mix
- 1 cup sour cream
- ½ stick butter, melted
- 1 to 1½ cups shredded cheddar jack cheese (plain cheddar would work too)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, stir together the 2 cans of corn, corn muffin mix, sour cream, and butter. Pour into a greased 9 by 13-inch dish.
- Bake for 45 minutes, or until golden brown. (check to make sure not to over bake, oven times vary)
- Remove from oven and top with cheese.
- Return to oven for 5 to 10 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- Let stand for at least 5 minutes and then serve immediately.
You could also add a can of green chiles to this for even more spice. Mmm…. I think I’ll do that next time.
Food photography and styling courtesy of My Name is Snickerdoodle.
Other side dish recipes that you’ll love: