With the Super Bowl tomorrow, appetizers are all I can think about. My best friend gave me this recipe years ago and it’s always a crowd pleaser. It has a kick and everybody loves it. Do you have some Super Bowl recipes to share? This one falls right in there with savory appetizers. Mmmm…
- 1 can 16 0z. refried black beans
- 1 tsp. + 1 Tbsp. southwestern dry seasoning (fajita seasoning)
- 1 Tbsp. lime juice
- 1 8 oz. pkg cream cheese softened
- 1 4 oz. can chopped green chiles undrained
- 1 garlic clove pressed
- 1 c red onion finely chopped
- 1 3 oz. can chopped olives divided
- 5 oz. shredded cheddar cheese divided
- 1 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh cilantro
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Small bowl mix beans with 1 tsp seasoning mix.
- Spread in bottom of baking dish.
- Mix cream cheese, lime juice, chiles, garlic and 1 Tbsp. seasoning mix until smooth.
- Add onion, ½ of olives and 1 cup of cheese.
- Mix well.
- Spoon over bean layer.
- Bake for 20-25mins or until well heated.
- Sprinkle with remaining ¼ c cheese, olives and cilantro (in that order).
For non cilantro lovers, you can just leave it out. If you don’t like olives, this recipe probably won’t be for you. Everyone else- eat up!!
I linked this up to
the 36th Ave