My family loves loves loves chocolate. I’m a vanilla girl. But I bake with chocolate for the fans in my house. These Milk Chocolate Chip Pancakes hit the spot for everyone! And yes, I even approved.
These pancakes are easy to make and so light and fluffy. Yum! They taste great on their own but I added a little extra butter and syrup for our family. Heaven! I don’t normally make big breakfasts every day but for the weekend or a birthday, this fits the bill for sure. We use the “special plate” for those days. The birthday boy or girl gets to choose whatever they like for breakfast and dinner.
- 3 tbsp butter, melted
- 1½ c. all-purpose flour
- 3½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1½ tbsp granulated sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 1¼ cups milk
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 c. milk chocolate chips
- Melt the butter in a microwavable bowl.
- Add flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar and whisk until mixed.
- Add vanilla, milk, egg and water.
- Stir until well mixed, approx 2-3 minutes.
- Batter should be fluffy.
- Heat skillet over medium heat.
- Spray with nonstick cooking spray or butter.
- Pour mix into center of heated skillet.
- Immediately add chocolate chips on top.
- Cook on one side until holes start to bubble up.
- Flip and heat through on the other side.
- Add syrup or powdered sugar to top off.
Recipe slightly adapted from My San Francisco Kitchen.
I use Ghiaradelli’s Milk Chocolate Chips- they are the best in my chocolate chip cookies and so good in these pancakes too.
Looking for other breakfast ideas? We love these recipes: