Looking for anniversary gift ideas? I’ve got a simple, fun and personalized one that doesn’t take much time or money!
When you’ve been married for as long as Josh and I have, new ideas for anniversary gifts can be hard to think up. We celebrated by going to a Dodgers game in Dugout Club seats and cheering on our boys in blue but I wanted to make something for him too. Enter the “Snackle box.”
What is a snackle box? It’s a “tackle box” with candies/snacks in it. To take it to the next level, I added a label to the front using my Cricut Maker.
For this project and to make a snackle box of your own, you will need:
- Cricut Maker
- Cutting Mat
- Transfer Tape
- OR you could get the tools kit
- Container – this container was found at Walmart for under $3 (!!) but there are all kinds of containers available. I’ve found them at Hobby Lobby, Target, Home Goods, Ikea and more.
- Favorite candy – pick out your significant other’s favorites to add to the container
I have to admit – I might have added some of my favorite candies too.
The basics of how to create a label:
- Design labels in Cricut Design Space.
- Load vinyl into Maker.
- Make design and unload.
- Weed the design.
- Add transfer tape over the design.
- Apply to container, using scraper to adhere well.
- Remove transfer tape.
For this design I used DTC Miss Honey and Cricut Sans fonts. They are both available in Design Space.
I’m often asked how I make the projects I do using my Cricut and Design Space. My answer is always the same – the more that you play around with Design Space, the easier it becomes. When you get the basics down, you will want to use it for everything!
After designing in Design Space and cutting out vinyl on the Maker, it was time to weed, use transfer tape and apply.
I’ve shared a few gift ideas in the past:
- Anniversary Gifts on the Hour
- Creative Anniversary Gifts
- Gifts By the Year
- 50th Wedding Anniversary Party
Other Cricut Projects
This probably isn’t your first time hearing how much I love my Cricut! I’ve made A LOT of projects and gifts with it. Here are just a few: