Today I’m adding another good one to the slow cooker list- Slow Cooker Baked Potato Soup. This loaded baked potato soup has all of the fixings for a chilly day. It will warm you right up!
Baked Potato Soup
There are several recipes for slow cooker baked potato soup but I combined a few and loved the result. Creamy, hearty and delicious. Of course this recipe wouldn’t be nearly as good without the garnishes- bacon, sour cream, and cheese. But the good news is that you and your family members can add whatever they want. Some kids like sour cream, some don’t. Some love bacon, others don’t. So this one is good for a crowd!
If you like this recipe, you’ll love these too:
- Taco Soup
- Slow Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup
- Slow Cooker Mexican Chicken Soup
- Slow Cooker Tortellini Sausage Soup
Baked Potato Soup Recipe
- 6-8 russet potatoes, washed but not peeled, cut into ½ inch cubes
- 4 c. chicken broth
- ½ yellow onion, chopped
- 2½ tsp minced, jarred garlic
- 1 c. half and half (or heavy cream)
- 1 c. shredded cheddar cheese (+ whatever you want for garnishing)
- ½ Tbsp seasoning salt (I used Lawry's)
- Garnishes: shredded cheese, bacon, broccoli, green onions, sour cream
- Put first four ingredients in a slow cooker. Cook on high for four hours or low for 8 hours.
- Mash mix until soup is slightly thickened. Stir in half and half and cheese. Top with garnishes and additional cheese.