Let’s get into the good stuff – my favorite Weight Watchers recipes!
This post is sponsored by Weight Watchers. I am beyond thrilled to work with a company I absolutely love.
I have to be honest that when I was writing up my first Weight Watchers post, I was a little nervous. Weight gain/struggles has a whole cloud of shame around it. Like- ‘if only I could control myself more – I wouldn’t gain weight.’ Or – ‘if only I didn’t have so much stress in my life – I wouldn’t struggle with weight.’ It’s embarrassing. Over the years I’ve made jokes about my weight because it’s almost as if I recognize it first, then nobody else has to think about it…it’s out there and I can breathe a sigh of relief. Well that stops now. I’m getting my life back and I’m not going to make fun of myself or beat myself up. It might take some time to change the self talk because it’s become a bad habit. But I’m determined to love myself more and cut some slack. If I can cut everyone else slack, why not cut myself some too?
The response from my post and social posts (especially on Instagram) have been incredible. So many people have added their comments of support and how Weight Watchers is the one thing that really works. Where have you guys been all these years?! Kidding. I’m just relieved that I found something that is a lifestyle change when I did. There is a loving community that I’ve grown close to quickly.
To really get in there I researched Weight Watchers recipes and got to work. I’ll be upfront here – planning and prepping isn’t as easy as driving through a drive thru. But I’d rather feel good than get another quick meal without question. Anything worthwhile takes hard work, right?
Healthy Meal Prep:
- Make large batches at the beginning of the week if possible and use them throughout the week. You can do slow cooker chicken, crockpot marinara sauce, turkey taco filling and if you’re feeling really on top of it – cream of ____ soups.
- Buy containers, baggies, tin foil, plastic wrap in bulk to use.
I bought some containers from Costco and have purchased these on Amazon: varying size food storage containers and these meal prep containers too.
- Look at your calendar and PLAN IT OUT.
This is something that I could be better about when planning out the whole month, but so far I’ve been good about planning at least a day in advance so that I’m not staring at the kitchen around meal time. I really feel like it makes a huge difference in being successful.
Before I move on with my favorite Weight Watcher recipes, I want to be clear – any recipe that you make can be adapted to a Weight Watchers recipe. You just need to tweak a little here and there (depending on the recipe), lighten it up, watch your portions. That is one of the very best things about this Freestyle program – I am living normal life, eating well and loving it! Ok moving on —
Weight Watchers Recipes
Weight Watchers Breakfasts
- 1 piece of Nature’s Own Life toast with a sunny side up egg. (1 SmartPoint per slice of bread) Add smashed avocado if you don’t mind the extra points. (depends on how much avocado you use – weigh the avocado!)
1 piece of Nature’s Own Life toast with 1 tsp creamy peanut butter and sliced up bananas. (2 SmartPoints)
Bacon, Eggs and Hashbrown Stacks (5 SmartPoints) – my kids love this!
I’m also dying to make 2 ingredient dough Everything Bagels. My Trader Joe’s has been out of the everything bagel seasoning (probably b/c of this recipe!) but I might have to give in and make my own seasoning so I can try.
Weight Watchers Lunches
- Chicken Street Tacos from Daily Dose of Pepper (2 SmartPoints) – makes tons and can be frozen, used throughout the week
- Turkey Wrap – Joseph’s Lavash Bread (bought at Walmart) – 1/2 piece, chopped lettuce, turkey, tomato, 1 slice of center cut bacon, 1 tsp light mayo (5 SmartPoints)
- Leftovers, leftovers, leftovers (all of my favorites from dinner are eaten as leftovers)
Another surprise since I started Weight Watchers is that I’m finally enjoying leftovers. Never in my life have I ever liked them. I kind of poo-poo’ed eating something that I had just eaten the day before. Now I honestly look forward to eating what I had for dinner the night before for lunch the next day.
Weight Watchers Dinners
- Chili Cheese Spaghetti Bake from Daily Dose of Pepper
- Italian Chicken Sausage and Pepper Sandwiches and Air Fried French Fries – I’ve made this 3 times in the past 3 weeks!
- Stuffed Taters from Daily Dose of Pepper (I used baked chicken instead of turkey)
- Beef and Rice Taco Casserole from Daily Dose of Pepper
- Pepperoni and Sausage Pizzadillas from Emily Bites
Weight Watchers Snacks
I’ve eaten all kinds of snacks but these are my go-to’s that satisfy me every time. I recently shared a Weight Watchers Snacks post too!
- Gala, Honey Crisp, Jazz Apples
- Cuties Tangerines
- Carrots and 2 TBSP La Terra Fina Spinach, Artichoke Parmesan Dip (bought at Costco) (3 SmartPoints)
- Light Frigo Cheese Heads String Cheese (1 SmartPoints)
With all of these meals, I’m adding fruits and vegetables to have a nice, well rounded meal. Most fruits and vegetables are on the zero point list!
Like I mentioned before, the Weight Watchers community has been wonderful. I have loved getting to know some people that I probably wouldn’t have otherwise. I have a few favorite people that I will refer to over and over for recipes:
- Daily Dose of Pepper – it’s pretty clear here that I love her recipes. Her cooking style is similar to mine, her recipes are just lightened up. My family loves anything I make of hers.
- SkinnyTaste – some of the stuff she posts is a little too fancy. But there are TONS of recipes on her site. And everything I’ve made so far has been really good.
- Emily Bites– another one that has similar style to what my family likes.
- Weight Watchers – I think it goes without saying, but I have referred to the site and within my app a ton. I love that I can type in the WW recipe and track it easily instead of having to add all the ingredients in. Plus I’ve made a lot of good food from these recipes.
And here are some people that I love following on Instagram:
- JenWeightWatcher– Jen is adorable, helpful and inspiring to follow. I love her recipes she shares too.
- BeautifullyBrokenJourney– Amy is the first one I started following because of a friend. Love her!
- SkinnyTaste– Beautiful photography/videos. Love all her food.
- Ilostbigandsocanyou – Kristine is funny, down to earth and has good tips/recipes.
- thedailydoseofpepper – LOVE all the food. And Star is funny too.
- emilybitesblog – more pretty, delicious recipes.
- rebuildingruthanne – my dear friend Ruthanne – who I love getting tips and recipes from!
There are a whole lot of amazing Weight Watcher recipes out there. I have a huge list of more that I want to try. When I posted about my journey, there were lots of people who reached out and said- PLEASE share what you find that’s good! That’s what this post is for – and so that I can refer to all of my favorites in one spot. As I try more out, I’ll add my favorites to this post.
Do you have a favorite Weight Watcher recipe? Let me know so that I can try it out.