I’ve got some easy to make sugar cookies that don’t require refrigeration. And they are mmm mmm good!
These aren’t the standard roll out on a floured surface sugar cookie recipe. They are a mix together and drop on the cookie sheet variety.
I’ve shied away from traditional sugar cookies because they are so much work. They take a long time to make, create a mess and then they are gone. It just doesn’t seem like all the hassle to me usually.
But spread some amazing buttercream frosting and decorate these yummy cookies and call it good.
Because sprinkles make everything better right?
Get the downloadable, printable recipe here:
- 1½ c. powdered sugar
- 1 c. unsalted butter
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cream of tartar
- 2½ c. flour
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3-4 cups powdered sugar, SIFTED
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 TBSP vanilla extract
- 4 TBSP heavy cream
- red food coloring
- Mix ingredients together in a mixer.
- Drop onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake at 350 for 10-12 mins or until edges turn slightly brown.
- Cool completely.
- Beat butter for a few minutes with a mixer with the paddle attachment on medium speed.
- Add 3 c. of powdered sugar and change to low speed until the sugar has been mixed in with the butter.
- Up mixer speed to medium and add vanilla extract, salt, and 2 tablespoons of heavy cream and beat for 3 minutes.
- If your frosting needs a more stiff consistency, add remaining sugar. If your frosting needs to be thinned out, add remaining milk 1 tablespoons at a time.
- Add drops of food coloring to your liking.
- Frost with pink buttercream frosting and decorate with colored sprinkles.