This Slow Cooker Tortellini Soup is one your family will love!!
A year or so ago I got this recipe from my cute, sassy friend Becca. I wasn’t sure how my family would take to it because it’s a) soup (I loooove soup but my boys? Not so much) and b) tortellini and sausage…. I just didn’t know if it would fly. On one particular cold, rainy day I decided it was worth a shot. They LOVED it so so much! It’s now my go to for chilly days. And I’m all about slow cooker recipes. They make my life so much easier if I can get my act together ahead of time. I also love tortellini recipes – like Baked Tortellini and Italian Tortellini.
Every time I make this one, I wonder why I don’t make it more often.
Slow Cooker Tortellini Soup
- 1 lb mild Italian sausage
- 12 oz frozen green beans
- 14.5 oz petite diced tomatoes
- 1 medium onion diced
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 32 oz box chicken stock
- 9 oz refrigerator Cheese Tortellini
- fresh shredded Parmesan Cheese
- Crumble 1 lb mild sausage and place in slow cooker. *Sausage with casing can be used, just remove casing from the sausage and crumble.
- Add tomatoes, diced onions, frozen green beans and seasoning.
- Cook on high for 4 hours.
- Add 1 box of chicken stock and cook on high for 1 hour.
- Add cheese tortellini and cook for an additional 1/2 hour.
- Serve topped with fresh shredded Parmesan cheese.
Food photography and styling courtesy of My Name is Snickerdoodle.
If you like this recipe, you’ll love these too: