This Italian Tortellini recipe is one of the best I've had in a long time. It takes a little prep but is well worth the effort!
- 18 oz fresh cheese tortellini
- 1 c broccoli florets
- 1 large stalk celery sliced thin
- 2 oz green bell pepper sliced thin
- a few thin slices red onion
- 1 c grape tomatoes
- 1 c pitted black olives drained
- ½ c artichoke hearts
- ½ c roasted red peppers sliced
- 8 whole pepperoncini
- 4 slices pepperoni
- ¼ lb sliced provolone cheese cut into triangle shapes
- ¼ c fresh basil chopped plus more for garnish
- ¼ c red wine vinegar
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp dry basil
- 1 tsp dry oregano
- 1 tsp granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- ¼ c extra virgin olive oil
Make the dressing by putting all dressing ingredients except olive oil in a medium bowl and whisk. Very slowly drizzle in the olive oil while whisking. Set aside.
Prepare vegetables, meats and cheeses, set aside.
Fill a medium saucepan ¾ with water and bring to a boil.
Blanch broccoli by plunging into boiling water for 30 seconds and remove.
Place on paper towels to drain and cool.
Bring water back to a boil and add packages of tortellini.
Cook according to package directions.
Drain and add to large bowl.
Pour dressing over hot tortellini.
Add broccoli and other ingredients to pasta.
Toss to combine.
Cool completely before serving in the fridge.
Garnish with additional basil if desired.
Calories: 821kcal | Carbohydrates: 66g | Protein: 29g | Fat: 50g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Cholesterol: 70mg | Sodium: 3029mg | Potassium: 201mg | Fiber: 10g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 1225IU | Vitamin C: 45.1mg | Calcium: 471mg | Iron: 4.8mg