My mom's Pasta Salad recipe is an all-time family favorite that I've been making for 20 years. I could eat this for a week straight!
- 1 lb rotini noodles cooked according to directions, drained
- 6-12 oz frozen chopped broccoli (fresh can be used), cooked, cut into smaller pieces
- 2 tomatoes diced
- 2.25 oz sliced olives
- ½ bell pepper chopped (bigger chunks)
- 2-3 carrots diced
- 1-2 c shredded cheddar cheese
- 15 oz Italian dressing (use your favorite; I usually use Wishbone)
After noodles have cooled down, throw all ingredients together.
Chill - the longer the better - the Italian dressing soaks in over time.
And you want the broccoli to be cooked but cold.
I always add cheese after everything is cooled down because you don't want it to melt into the pasta.
Calories: 438kcal | Carbohydrates: 55g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 14mg | Sodium: 774mg | Potassium: 481mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 4765IU | Vitamin C: 53.2mg | Calcium: 155mg | Iron: 1.5mg