Super simple slow cooker enchilada soup - throw all the ingredients in a crockpot, set it and forget it!
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time6 hrs
- 1 15 oz black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 14.5 oz chopped tomatoes drained
- 1 10 oz whole kernel corn frozen
- 1/2 c onion chopped
- 1/2 c yellow, green or red sweet pepper chopped
- 1 small jalapeño pepper seeded, if desired, and finely chopped
- 1 19 oz can of enchilada sauce
- 1 10 oz can of cream of chicken soup cream of mushroom can be used instead
- 2 c milk
- 1 c Monterey Jack Cheese shredded
- 1 c cheddar cheese shredded
In a 3-1/2 to 5-quart slow cooker combine black beans, tomatoes, frozen corn, onion, sweet pepper, and jalapeño pepper.
In a large mixing bowl whisk together enchilada sauce and soup.
Gradually whisk in milk until smooth.
Pour sauce mixture over ingredients in cooker.
Cover; cook on low-heat setting for 6 to 8 hours or on high-heat setting for 3 to 4 hours.
Stir in Monterey Jack and cheddar cheese until melted.
Ladle into bowls.
If desired, top each serving with sour cream, guacamole and tortilla chips.