Pesto Caprese Pasta Salad
This Pesto Caprese Pasta Salad recipe is an amazingly delicious simple pasta salad from the I Heart Naptime Cookbook. You'll make this one again and again!
- 1 lb uncooked bow-tie pasta
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil plus more if needed
- ¾ c basil pesto (or one 6 oz jar prepared basil)
- ¼ c Italian dressing
- 1 ½ to 2 c baby spinach stemmed
- 1 pt cherry tomatoes (about 2 c.), sliced
- 8 oz bocconcini (cherry size fresh mozzarella balls), drained and halved
- Salt and black pepper
Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook the pasta as directed.
Drain pasta and run it under cold water to stop the cooking process.
Transfer to a large serving bowl, drizzle with olive oil and stir. Let cool completely.
Stir in the pesto and Italian dressing.
Add the spinach, tomatoes and mozzarella. Toss to combine.
Season with salt and pepper.
Cover the pasta and refrigerate until ready to serve. If the pasta seems dry before serving, you can add an additional 1 ½ tsp of olive oil.
Calories: 833kcal | Carbohydrates: 95g | Protein: 28g | Fat: 37g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 24mg | Sodium: 652mg | Potassium: 606mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 2915IU | Vitamin C: 32.8mg | Calcium: 326mg | Iron: 3mg