Chicken Tetrazzini (Chicken Spaghetti)
One of my very favorites from my childhood, this Chicken Tetrazzini is the perfect comfort food. Made with a basic roux, you can use it as a base for almost any meal.
- ½ c sliced mushrooms (optional, but I add them)
- ½ c sliced onions
- ¼ c butter or margarine
- ¼ c flour
- 2 c chicken broth
- 1 c Half & Half (I've used milk before and it was fine, also used heavy cream and it was great)
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 8 oz spaghetti noodles (or whatever you have), cooked, drained
- 3 c turkey cooked, diced (I always use chicken except right after Thanksgiving)
- ½ c shredded cheddar cheese more if you like yours really cheesy
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Lightly brown mushrooms and onions in margarine.
Stir in flour. Cook until bubbly. Stir in the broth and cream.
Add salt & pepper. Cook, stirring often until mix boils.
Place a layer of noodles in a buttered 9x13 pan.
Mix remaining noodles with sauce and meat. Sprinkle with cheese.
Bake at 400 degrees for 20 mins or until bubbly.
This can be made ahead and refrigerated until baking time.
Calories: 600kcal | Carbohydrates: 54g | Protein: 30g | Fat: 28g | Saturated Fat: 15g | Cholesterol: 121mg | Sodium: 1395mg | Potassium: 534mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 750IU | Vitamin C: 10.2mg | Calcium: 201mg | Iron: 2.2mg