One of my very favorites from my childhood, this Chicken Tetrazzini is the perfect comfort food. Made with a basic roux, you can use it as a base for almost any meal.
This dinner recipe is so simple because you can use whatever you have on hand and add to it what you want. It’s a base for any main dish. And it’s the perfect dish to make after Thanksgiving with all that leftover turkey. I’ve had this recipe since I was in college- it was one of my favorites that my Mom made for us growing up.
How to make chicken tetrazzini
In the recipe I mention that I rarely use actual turkey. Thanksgiving leftovers give me a great excuse to use turkey, but normally I just use chicken. I rarely use “tetrazzini” noodles… so really, the name could change depending on what you have. I normally would call it Chicken Spaghetti because I use chicken and spaghetti noodles a ton.
Mmmm… one of the things I love about this one too is that you can make it ahead. You can use leftover chicken, spaghetti noodles and throw it all together. I’ve made a few at once to give to friends who need a little pick me up.
Other Chicken Recipes:
If you love this easy Chicken Tetrazzini recipe, you’re going to love these other chicken recipes. Please click each link below to find the easy, printable recipe!
Chicken Tetrazzini Recipe
If you love this Chicken Tetrazzini Recipe as much as I do, please write a five star review, and be sure to help me share on Facebook and Pinterest!
CONNECT WITH 30daysblog
Chicken Tetrazzini (Chicken Spaghetti)
- ½ c sliced mushrooms (optional, but I add them)
- ½ c sliced onions
- ¼ c butter or margarine
- ¼ c flour
- 2 c chicken broth
- 1 c Half & Half (I've used milk before and it was fine, also used heavy cream and it was great)
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 8 oz spaghetti noodles (or whatever you have), cooked, drained
- 3 c turkey cooked, diced (I always use chicken except right after Thanksgiving)
- ½ c shredded cheddar cheese more if you like yours really cheesy
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Lightly brown mushrooms and onions in margarine.
- Stir in flour. Cook until bubbly. Stir in the broth and cream.
- Add salt & pepper. Cook, stirring often until mix boils.
- Place a layer of noodles in a buttered 9x13 pan.
- Mix remaining noodles with sauce and meat. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20 mins or until bubbly.
- This can be made ahead and refrigerated until baking time.