Slow Cooker White Bean Chicken Chili
Slow Cooker White Bean Chicken Chili is a new family favorite - it's full of flavor and is a healthy option!
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast (uncooked)
- 16 oz diced no salt added tomatoes fire roasted or regular (fresh can be used instead)
- 64 oz Great Northern beans drained
- 4 oz fire roasted green chiles
- 1 c diced white onions (approx 2)
- 6 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tbsp EVOO (extra virgin olive oil)
- ¼ c chili powder
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 ½ c low sodium chicken stock
- 1 c cheddar cheese (Mexican can be used), grated
In a small saucepan, saute onions and garlic in EVOO on medium heat until the onions are translucent.
Place chicken in slow cooker and pour tomatoes, beans, chiles and spices over the top.
Add garlic and onion to slow cooker with 1 ½ c chicken stock and stir.
Cook on high for 4-5 hours or low for 6-8 hours.
An hour before serving add cheese and stir.
- tortilla strips
- sour cream or plain greek yogurt
- additional cheese
Calories: 875kcal | Carbohydrates: 108g | Protein: 72g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 102mg | Sodium: 470mg | Potassium: 2636mg | Fiber: 34g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 500IU | Vitamin C: 31.8mg | Calcium: 593mg | Iron: 12.8mg