Sweet Teacher Appreciation Idea: Bread in a Can

As school winds down in our neighborhood, I have a few last minute teacher appreciation ideas to share.
Last week on Twitter someone linked up Chasing Fireflies‘ simple and fun idea of making bread in a can.  I pinned it immediately and knew I wanted to make it but wanted to add my own spin.  I checked in with the queen of spray paint to see if she thought I could paint the can.  She gently told me “Not unless you plan on killing someone.”  But I loved her follow up idea- just wrap a cute piece of cardstock around it.  So that’s exactly what I did.

Teacher Gifts

Pin It

I made some yesterday to drop off for a few friends.
But my kids teachers will be getting them in a couple of weeks…..

Needed for this cute project:
Chasing Fireflies post
scrap piece of cardstock- I used a cute sheet from Basic Grey
twine from the Twinery
cute little yellow tag from Sweet Baking Supply

Note: I added cellophane to the top before dropping it off at my friend’s house. Next time I want to use a scrap of fabric.

I used Chasing Fireflies recipe for banana bread but would love to try zucchini bread or my favorite favorite favorite bread Almond Poppyseed from Our Best Bites.  mmmmmm.  What’s your favorite bread? What did you do for teacher gifts?

I’m linking up this week to:
Today’s Creative Blog’s Get Your Craft On

Comments

So many cute teacher appreciation ideas and only on kid in school. :( I guess we should just spoil her rotten because our girl has had an awesome school year!

2. Katrina @ In Katrina's Kitchen says

This is going to happen in my kitchen. I just love this idea.

I love that … I’d love to GET that. We did pies in jars for teacher appreciation but I’ve been wanting to try the bread too. Yours look so cute!

• Mique says

Suzanne- thank you for the sweet comment. I recently found you from WhipperBerry and I am in LOVE with SHE Paperie. Everything you post is beautiful! xo

4. Julie says

I love your idea of reusing cans! I am a grandmother so all of our children are older of course but we have most of our grandchildren near! I want to do this with them, it is the end of the school year and we enjoy watching and doing projects with them so much! Thanks for this wonderful idea! Julie(the letter 4’s mom)

5. Mary says

I love making these! I really like to have my cans covered I usually make mine in a pull tab can. Just use a can opener to open it from the bottom and after you are finished baking just hot glue the bottom back on and turn over. Finish the outside and add a “pull me” tag!

6. Lynda says

These are so fun. I remember years ago (the 60’s) my mother used to make these for my brother when he was stationed overseas in the Army. The can made them ship great.

I do believe all the ideas you’ve offered in your post. They are very convincing and will certainly work. Nonetheless, the posts are too brief for beginners. May you please prolong them a little from next time? Thank you for the post.