Easter is fast approaching. I can’t believe how it snuck up on me this year! You are all probably much more on top of it than I am and already have your Easter menu planned out. Ham seems to be pretty traditional for most people although I personally prefer a pork tenderloin but whether we have ham or pork tenderloin we have to have some type of cheesy potato! That is essential.
This year we will be using a new recipe – one for Roasted Bacon Cheesy Potatoes. How could anything with cheese and bacon not be amazing. Well these potatoes are amazing!
Because I am really not a potato girl (texture issues), in order for me to eat potatoes they need to be cut fairly small and cooked until they are crisp. Also covering them with bacon and cheese will get me to eat them. I will eat Roasted Bacon Cheesy Potatoes!
I used regular russet baking potatoes but I think this recipe would work great with red potatoes or yukon gold also. I used Bacon Ranch dressing along with cheddar cheese, pepperjack cheese and pepper bacon! Of course you could always use regular ranch dressing, regular bacon and regular Monterey jack cheese but I love the little bit of extra flavor you get with Bacon Ranch and extra pepper in the bacon and the cheese.
It is all mixed up together in a bowl and then put into a buttered 9 x 13 pan.
Cover the pan with foil and bake them for 60 minutes. Half way through gently turn the potatoes in the pan so they are roasting and browning evenly. After an hour remove the foil and increase the temperature to 400 degrees and cook for another 15 minutes until brown and bubbly. The last five minutes sprinkle on some extra cheese and then I turned on the broiler and put them under the broiler for 3-4 minutes to let the cheese melt and brown.
Other potato recipes you may enjoy:
- 6-8 russet potatoes, unpeeled and cut into bite size pieces
- ½ C Bacon Ranch Dressing
- ¼ C cheddar cheese, shredded plus a bit extra to sprinkle on top
- ¼ C pepper jack cheese, shredded
- 4 pieces of pepper bacon, cooked and crumbled
- ½ tsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp dried minced onion
- green onions, chopped for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a large bowl combine dressing, garlic salt, onion, cheese and bacon.
- Add in potatoes and mix to coat.
- Place in a greased 9 x 13 pan and cover with foil.
- Bake for 60 minutes with foil. Stir half way through baking.
- Remove foil and increase heat to 400 degrees. Bake for another 15 minutes.
- The last five minutes sprinkle with some extra cheese and put under the broiler until cheese is brown and bubbly.
- Garnish with green onion.