With the fall comes changing leaves, sweaters, soup making and FOOTBALL. My husband might be the biggest sports fan there is and football is the crown jewel. To get things rolling, I made some sports team cookies and created a printable to go along with it. Yes, I am up for wife of the year…
These cookies are pretty simple: my favorite chocolate chip cookies base, with a little twist. The key to this is letting them firm up a bit in the fridge for a couple of hours. I was able to get Steelers colors and Broncos colors from a regular set of M& M’s. Some of the other team colors will definitely be trickier. But I have seen solid colored M&M’s at party stores like Party America.
- 1 cup butter (softened)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla
- ¾ tsp. baking soda
- ¾ tsp. salt
- 3 cups flour
- 1 package M&M's
- Cream butter and sugars.
- Add eggs and vanilla.
- Then add dry ingredients.
- After mixed well, put dough in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Sort the M&M's into team colors if necessary.
- Roll cookie dough into balls, about golf sized.
- Put M&M's in a bowl and roll cookies into the M&M's until they are covered.
- Add to ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 for 11-13 minutes, watching to make sure they are not overdone.
- You want them to be golden with slightly brown edges.
- Because these cookies are larger, they will spread. Only put 6 large cookies per sheet.
Even though it might look like we are Broncos fans, we in fact root for the Steel Curtain. I visit someone from church who happens to be a huge Broncos fan and thought she might enjoy a little welcome to football season treat. Josh became a Steelers fan when he was a little boy and nobody else liked them. They weren’t good when he was that age and he liked rooting for the underdog. And since we have no team in Los Angeles, might as well be a team from the other side of the country, right?
These are approx 5×7 cards but could be resized and made 4 to fit to a sheet depending on what program you use or what type of printer. They’d be fun to add to cookies or to decorate for a party. As always, they are for personal use only. Thanks!
Who do you root for? And are you ready for the season to start?
Green Bay Packers
Kansas City Chiefs
New England Patriots
New Orleans Saints
New York Jets
New York Giants
San Diego Chargers
San Francisco 49ers
St. Louis Rams
Tampa Bay Buccaneers