Holiday Mini Binders

I know. It’s only October. Halloween hasn’t happened yet. But the holidays are fast approaching. If the first half of this year is any indication, the next few months will fly by.  So… how about a holiday binder to keep on task for this season?  And it’s good for year around too because it has a section for birthdays, anniversaries and a calendar.  Bonus! You know my love of binders by now, right?  See links below of the other printables for binders that I’ve created.  Make a Family Holiday Binder- tons of printable sheets and tips to create an awesome holiday binder! www.thirtyhandmadedays.com

I asked on Instagram if people would prefer a full size binder or a mini binder.  My thought in a mini binder is that it will fit nicely in your purse to take with you.  But I wasn’t sure if it’s realistic and would be hard to find.  All comments on that post said GO MINI! I’m here to give the people what they want.  Mini it is.  And I love how it turned out.  I found everything I needed at Target but saw the same supplies at Office Max too.

Supplies to create a mini holiday binder www.thirtyhandmadedays.com

I found a cute patterned mini binder (lots to choose from) but I love the look of the plain red too.  I bought both.  I figured I’d make another mini and use it somehow.  Although I bought tabbed dividers, I ended up making my own using files, printed on cardstock, laminated and cut out.  If you don’t have a laminator, GET ONE.  This Scotch TL901 is the one I have.  I saw one recently at Costco for $20ish.  Totally worth it.  I use my laminator a lot.  I even bought one for my kid’s teacher for the holidays after she briefly mentioned that they didn’t have access to one at school.  Bet she didn’t get a duplicate gift of that!
Other items that can be purchased at your office supply store or bought online:
Mini Binder (in blue- they didn’t have red, sorry!)
Mini Sheet Protectors - to slide things into
Binder Pockets – used for the receipt section
Filler Paper – to take notes
Dividers – if you’d rather not print out mine and laminate them, use these
{Disclosure- above are afflilate links.}

I made a GIF below to see all of the images in one spot.  You might not be able to see it if you are seeing this post in a reader.  Click over.
This is how I set up my mini.  You can do it however you want.  But I’m excited about this layout:

Breakdown of sections:
Binder coverprint out, cut out and slide into the cover and the spine of your mini album
Gift list  – to jot down gift ideas, budget, etc
Card list – for those holiday cards!
Receipts – to keep track of what you spent and where it went, also to return if needed
Birthdays/Anniversaries – to remember
Month at a glance – calendar (will add more months at the end of the year)

Make your own fabulous mini holiday binder - includes instructions and 14 printables to help you stay organized for the holidays! Amazing- must download! www.thirtyhandmadedays.com

Things to note:
This is a mini binder.  Everything that fits into the binder is simply half of a sheet of paper.
As mentioned above, I created covers for each section.  There is one per page that I would suggest printing on cardstock.  All the other pages are full pages with 2 sheets side by side to print on regular paper.  They are all set to print in landscape mode.  Make sure that your printer is set to print the right way. ;)   You can print these out and punch holes in them or slide them into sheet protectors – your call.

Printables for Mini Holiday Binder www.thirtyhandmadedays.com

Download all 14 pages (!!) of the Mini Holiday Binder.  Now UPDATED for better printing.
For personal use only.  Thank you! I’ve spent a bunch of hours on this project and would be so sad if someone didn’t follow the rules.
If you’d like to print extras of a certain page, select the page number and print only that one (in your printer settings).

See? It fits so nicely into my overcrowded purse:

Mini Holiday Binder that fits nicely into my purse.  Love it! www.thirtyhandmadedays.com

Where I share my obsession love of binders:

Binder Series from www.thirtyhandmadedays.com  Includes printables for 4 different important binders! Awesome ideas and easy to use.

Click below for other binder posts.  Full to brim with ideas on how to better organize your life. (coming from someone who really needs to get better organized!)

• Family binder- important info and documents
  • School binder- a binder for each child with important info, calendar, all about me and more
  • Accountability binder – teach your kids how to manage money, chores, daily schedules

How do you stay organized during the busiest time of year?
2014 Printable Mini Calendar to go with mini binder from www.thirtyhandmadedays.com
Add an updated 2014 mini calendar to your binder!

Comments

1. Monica Abel says

This is just fabulous! Thanks for taking the time to not only do this but share with your fans. I love the mini binders and now I have a great reason to use them more often.

2. Kristen says

I love this and thank you for sharing! I do have one question – do you happen to have more months in this format? I would love to make my binder a ‘GIFTS’ binder for the whole year, and have an entire calendar.

3. Karen says

This is absolutely perfect! Thank you so very much for all of your binders – they receive compliments all the time and I am so grateful for your generosity! Love spreading the word about your beautiful work

Thank you, Pinterest! You, my dear, just saved my chicken scratchin’ life! I just started my holiday shopping and have who got what written on the back of receipts. *smacks forehead* Consider yourself having a new follower!

Much love to ya!
    Steph @ NewlyMynted

This is cute Mique! I organize mine in between my planner {yes I still use one} and files in my desk. Maybe I’ll print yours out to put on my file folders. Thanks.

6. Amie says

Where did you get that framed, stitched flower? I have one EXACTLY like it handed down from great grandmother! Crazy! I had to do a double take! :)

7. Tara says

Ah, this is perfect! I stress out SO much about holiday gift planning, I will definitely be putting together one of these binders. Thanks so much for sharing it!

8. Jenn says

Just what I need to (finally) stay on top of things this year! Thanks so much for sharing!! (Found you through Pinterest

9. Jenna B says

You are so awesome! I was just thinking that I needed a Christmas planner – perfect timing! I made the accountability binders for my 3 girls and they have been a HUGE hit. Thank you for sharing your amazing talents with us!

10. Michele says

I must have done something wrong when I was printing. The side by side pages came out fine: half a sheet each. But the single pages, such as the one that says “Gifts” with the tab, printed out to fit an 8 1/2 x 11 sheet of cardstock. Help!

• Elisa says

Mique,

I love this! But I am also having a problem when printing. The pages all are shrunk to fit on the page. If I do them actual size it makes them about a 1/4 of the size of a page if that makes since and if I leave it alone it prints and leaves part off the page.
        Is there something that I am not doing correctly?
        Thanks!!
        Elisa

Sorry to hear that Elisa! Hmmmmmm…. I reprinted to make sure on my end and it’s ok. You might have to play with your printer settings. Make sure it’s set to letter, landscape. It’s hard on my end because there are so many types of printers out there that print differently. Can you manually adjust? (I know it’s a pain but I’m not sure of another solution)

Ok. I just updated again! As much as I love the mini- I’ve never had this many issues with printing so I probably won’t do it again :(
          Can you please let me know if it worked for you? It works on my end…but again…different printers…

Annnnnd it’s updated again. If you haven’t given up hope on it, can you please let me know if it worked for you? It works on my end…

• Elisa says

It is better now. I usually change full size pages down to two per page and that is how I usually convert them to ‘mini binder’ then the pages end up with border edge for book binding – I don’t know what was off – I had it saved to mess with more later because on the screen it looked right before but when I printed it went catty wonky.

It is still a little off as far as the second page on the one page for example the gift checklist page if you cut it in half to put it in binder holes are going to be in actual page and yes I am a ‘little’ ocd on that – LOL

I still love it! and am going it out – I think I read a comment about using it more for a “Gift Binder” over a Holiday Binder and I am thinking I really like that because I can get the inserts and even keep cards to send maybe this will actually help me get them done :)

Thank you! I love your stuff! Don’t give up we need you!!!
        Thanks again,
        Elisa

11. Bianca says

Omg! This is amazing! Thank you so much for creating this printable. My only question is, would it be possible to make a printable similar to this one but specially make it Christmas planing?

Thanks so much Bianca! I made it a holiday binder because it has birthday/anniversaries as well. You can make your own binder cover that says Christmas if you’d prefer that. ;)

12. Kim says

LOVE this idea for a holiday gift binder! Thank you so much for the free printables! Wondering if you will also make a 2014 calendar later on?? ;)

13. Jackie says

I love mini binders. I have made multiple for our crazy adventure vacations. We recently spent two weeks in Turkey and I made a mini binder to hold all our hotel reservations, pockets for tickets and reciepts, and printed off maps and information about the areas we were traveling to. Having a mini holiday binder sounds fantastic. Thanks for the printables!

14. Becki Patton Teerlink says

I have tried to print out the pages for the mini holiday notebook, but the pages appear to not be sized. they are all printing portrait, but the dimensions are 6″ x 4.75″.
    What am I doing wrong. I’ve read that some are to print portrait, while others in landscape. But I’m not having much luck.

Hi Becki- I updated the files to print all landscape. Make sure that you have it set up as “letter” and “landscape.” Each printer is different so I’m not totally sure how to help. You should end up with- for the covers, 1 per page (landscape) and the filler pages should be 2 per page. Sorry about that!

15. Linda Trimble says

One section in my notebook is “Gifts Given” where each year I write downthe gifts I give family members and how much I spend. This is especially helpful for the grandkids and it is so interesting to look back and see what you have given. I also fill stockings for our family members and I write all those gifts on their page. Each year everyone gets a new page. I think I will be begin a new book this year including all your cute page dividers and calendars. Thanks!

16. Crystal says

You are a Godsend! This is what I’ve been envisioning for some time now, but not been able to bring to fruition. Thank you!

Sorry Tammy- not sure if you already found them or not. They are 1/2 size of the normal ones. ;) Usually there are only 2 types, mini and regular.

• Tammy says

Thank you! :) I didn’t find any yet, but was in a hurry when I was shopping, so I’ll look again when I get out next.

17. Laurie says

This is Awesome! I love this size and can’t wait to print mine out. I have all of my supplies so now I just have to build it! Thank You So Much!

Love this and thank you! I think I will make 3 binders this year – one for my daughter, my daughter-in-law and of course me. Such a great way to keep focus during the hectic holidays.

19. Desirae says

I found you via Pinterest. Thanks so much for sharing this! I’m printing everything now and will put it together when my son naps today. I had to manually change my printer settings for the divider pages, but it was as easy as clicking “Landscape”. Thanks again…can’t wait to browse your blog for more organization ideas!

20. Valerie Chapin says

Mique: You are an Organizing Goddess! Thank you for all the work you put into the Holiday Binder, and for making it available to all of us who are organizationally-challenged! I bought a couple of mini binders, have just printed out your wonderful pages, and can’t wait to get started. I am now a devoted follower!

21. Lisa Arnaudo says

THANK YOU! I bought my binder at Target Monday and ordered everything off Amazon yesterday – and got it all today – gotta love Prime! And I am wondering how I lived without the hot laminator all this time??? Thank you Miss Enabler! ;)

22. Michelle C says

I love your binders. I am thinking about taking your mini holiday binder and making it more like a planner that I could carry with me. I have become to attached to my phone calendar.. I’m afraid if I miss place my phone or it dies. I’d have no clue where i should be or when:(

Unless you already have something like that in the mini form:)

23. Joan Madison says

I love this Holiday Mini Binder. I am making a few for Christmas Gifts but am requesting the months of 2014 to include in the Month at a Glance section. Would you post or send to me to complete my project.

Thanks so much.

Joan Madison

24. Terry says

Thank you for the free printables! I bought a very expensive planner last year and it was soooo heavy to carry around! My husband and I put together one with your printables and I LOVE it! Fits in my purse and is half the weight of the “other one” I had.
    My husband made my spine label, “Terry’s Bossy Binder”. :) And I laminated the tabs, so I am one happy camper (minus the camping!).
    Thank you, thank you, thank you!
    Terry Bunker

Terry – this comment made my day. Thank you for taking the time to leave it. I even read it to my husband. :) I’m so glad you found my binder helpful. I love that it’s small and light too. And I love that your husband made you a “Terry’s Bossy Binder” label. That is awesome!
      Have a magical Christmas! xo

25. Ginger says

I love this binder so much! I made one for myself and now am going to make one to give to my mom:) Will you be adding any 2014 calendar pages?? hint, hint

26. Kate Bradford says

This is so cute and I love the colors! Can I ask what program you used to make these (Photoshop, Word, Pages)? Also, is there a way to customize our own binders using your lovely fonts and designs?

Thanks!
    Kate

27. Katherine says

I love your designs but for some reason I am having a hard time downloading your pdfs and they will not print. Do you know what I can do to fix this???

I would be most ungrateful if I didn’t thank you for saving my sanity this past Christmas. This holiday binder was a gem! I was able to get my shopping organized and done early, track my expenses, and even plan daily family activities using the calendar you provided. For all the time I spend on Pinterest, I feel justified in finding this one pin. Even my husband agrees. Thank you for so generously sharing your talents and giving me ( a complete stranger) a most pleasant and peaceful holiday season!

Thanks so much for this! I keep a birthday calendar but I keep getting behind or missing a date! This will definitely help me get those presents out on time :)

30. Suzi says

Hi Mique,

I’ve downloaded your mini budget binder and mini holiday binder, as well as the 2014 calendars (which all load as pdf files), but I’m unable to print any of them. The bar keeps moving up to 43% and just flashes, never getting up to 100%. Any idea what the problem may be? I love your ideas and want to use them to get my family organized!

Thanks for your help!

31. nancy steinke says

printed everything out.laminated the dividers but they are smaller than the pages that I put in the page protectors. where do I punch the holes or did I do something wrong?

Hi there! This is my first visit to your blog!
    We are a group of volunteers and starting a new initiative in a community in the same niche.
    Your blog provided us beneficial information to work on. You have done a wonderful job!

Trying to make your ex-spouse jealous is one of the worst
    points you could do if you desire to get back
    with your ex lover, because all it is going to do is show him that you
    have actually moved on and that he must do the same.
    Stay clear of getting dismayed if he is viewing
    somebody else, since you will not be able to stop it no issue what you attempt.

34. Sera says

I was wondering, if you have any tips for printing both sides of the page…

I cant seem to get them lined up properly…