I love making cookies. They are pure comfort food to me. There are just some days where the only thing that will make it better is a batch of homemade cookies. Ever had one of those days?? Besides making and eating cookies, one of my favorite things to do is to put something into the cookies that you wouldn’t expect. Remember those caramel corn cookies I shared a while back?? Yeah – those were good.
I also love the sweet and salty combination – putting something salty in with my sweet is always a good choice. I love chocolate covered potato chips – the perfect combination of sweet & salty. When my mother sent me a recipe for Potato Chip Cookies I knew it had to be a winner. I was right.
This cookie has crumbled potato chips in the cookie which gives it a nice light and chewy texture. But then the cookie is dipped in chocolate and sprinkled with more crushed potato chips. Oh yeah!
Then place them on a paper lined cookie sheet to allow the chocolate to set up.
I had to give most of these cookies away because I would have eaten them all! Seriously. Loved the sweet and salty combo and the texture of the crushed up potato chips adds a whole other dimension to the cookie.
So next time that sweet & salt craving hits let these potato chip cookies be the answer!
Recipe from The Chew
For some other fun cookies check out these:
Note: The recipe is correct – there are NO eggs in it!
- 1 C butter
- ¾ C granulated sugar
- ¾ C crushed potato chips
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 C flour
- 1 C powdered sugar for rolling dough in
- ½ C crushed potato chips
- 1 C chocolate chips, melted
- In a mixer cream the butter and granulated sugar until fluffy.
- Add in ¾ C potato chips and vanilla.
- Add in flour and mix until just combined. Do not over mix, Dough may seem a bit dry but it will be fine.
- Form dough into balls and roll into powdered sugar.
- Place on a greased cookie sheet and press cookies flat with bottom of a glass
- Bake at 350 for 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool cookies
- Melt chocolate chips and dip one end of cookie into melted chocolate.
- Sprinkle with crushed potato chips.
- Allow to set.